Page 126 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1742

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Bone stock 6720.

I had some exciting times with a rifle pretty much exactly like that, save for a-non detachable carry handle with an A1 sight and a group therapy setting I never used.

I did not feel at all poorly equipped, although I have to admit I felt very high speed when we hose clamped D-cell Maglites to the bottom of the handguard.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've got a Hoptic Bravo Saddle Cover on my list.

I like the chassis for the most part. The long action cheek riser has a larger cutout but still rubs against the shroud on the Nucleus bolt at full extension. I may end up cutting the wings off entirely.

I like the spigot--it looks like a copy of the one on my AIAE which works great. But I'm trying to keep weight down to a bare minimum, so I'll probably run with a pic rail or even just the sling stud for bipod mounting.

The SA is on a 700 5R. Zero issues there. I had the same problem with the LA. It’s mated to a Stiller Tac300. I added several layers of thin closed cell black foam to the riser in order to allow the bolt to not interfere when at it’s most rearward position. Hard to explain, but I’m sure you know exactly what I’m talking about. I didn’t was to Dremel-ize the riser so I added material instead. It sounds cheesy, but it actually looks quite nice. I don’t have pics available at the moment, but give me a couple days and I will post a few.

Both mine are from the era when they first came out. I’m not sure what mods have been done to them since. I had to add the mag spacer to the LA as well now that I recall. Extended mag releases, the adjustable butt pad and the spigot round them out. The goal was an identical SA and LA.

Edit to add:

Just clicked on the saddle blankets. Those look great. Wish they were around when I needed them!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Name:  Tikka223.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  72.1 KB

My new long range rifle project - just finished assembling. Goal is to shoot highest BC .224 bullets through 223 brass to 1000 yards plus reduce wear on 6.5CM rifle without going to exotic brass or high cost.

Tikka T3X Varmint 223, 1-8, local gunsmith MOSS FIREARMS threaded 5/8x24
    KRG Bravo stock in appropriate Sako Green
    Area 419 adapter and brake (fits my modified AAC 762SD also)
    MDT 223 magazine
    Burris XTRII 5-25x50 SCR MIL FFP scope in ugly camo color (hugely discounted due to camo color)
    UTG PRO 34mm rings (yes, UTG PRO - very nice)

I added weight inside the Bravo stock "void" with lead weights for tire balancing - I can add more or remove easily

I don't know if this qualifies as a "long gun", but I grabbed this DDM4 PDW up last week, wanting the ability to keep a rifle caliber handy when out and about with the family. Just got the cherry bomb installed today (Thanks @Hansohn Brothers for the wicked fast shipping, particularly in this market) for use with my SiCo Omega + Plan B, and took the flat 5.56mm end cap to the drill press and opened it up to .405 (matches ID of the longer 7.62 end cap). Should get it zeroed tomorrow at a friends house.

I've never cared for pistol braces, or PDW's for that matter, but I'm digging it. Going to feed it Hornady 110gr GMX and 190gr Sub-X.

Last edited by StraitR; 03-27-2020 at 08:40 PM.

@StraitR, nice PDW. I did a similar thing for the same reasons.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post

My new long range rifle project - just finished assembling. Goal is to shoot highest BC .224 bullets through 223 brass to 1000 yards
    So very cool.

I've had a Tikka Sporter in 223 for a while and it really likes the 75 Amax. The new 77 RDF looks like a good replacement now that the Amax is obsolete.

Longest distance is 900 yards and it still had quite a bit of gas in the tank.

Name:  20140827_202539_resize_37.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  44.5 KB
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

@StraitR check out the split fix. I have two on my 14.5’s until the stamps come in for them and it makes a good bit of difference. I’ve been shooting them enough now that I don’t really feel much appreciable difference between them and a regular stock for most Of the shooting I’m doing unless wearing armor or shooting a really awkward position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @StraitR check out the split fix. I have two on my 14.5’s until the stamps come in for them and it makes a good bit of difference. I’ve been shooting them enough now that I don’t really feel much appreciable difference between them and a regular stock for most Of the shooting I’m doing unless wearing armor or shooting a really awkward position.
    Thanks for the heads up, those look good, and the price seems reasonable.

Oh, I like that build. I’m a bit disappointed in how I overlooked the PDW concept. Might be worth its own thread discussion, if there isn’t one already?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @StraitR, nice PDW. I did a similar thing for the same reasons.

I wish we could have those here. Alas, my rifles are the size of hi-lift jacks.

User Tag List