Page 95 of 175 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

^^^^ Great pic.

New centurion rail for the 6920. Thanks, @Notso, for the aimpoint, and @dontshakepandas for the light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theJanitor; 04-06-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post

This rifle has taken me the better part of two years to get completely configured to my exact wants. Have made revisions over time and got some great input from end users here. Finally got a range day in with it today and was blown away by how smooth it was to shoot.

Started life as a Colt M4 lower and a Colt upper was later added in addition to the following:
    -Colt 14.5" SOCOM Profile Barrel
    -Surefire Closed Tine Warcomp
    -Centurion Arms 13" M-Lok CMR Rail
    -Arisaka Hand Stop
    -Magpul M-Lok QD Socket
    -BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charging Handle
    -KAC Ambi Safety
    -BCM PNT Trigger
    -BCM Mod 3 Grip and SOPMOD Stock
    -Daniel Defense Fixed BUIS
    -Aimpoint Comp M4S W/ Scalarworks Mount
    -Surefire X300-UB
    -Blue Force Padded VCAS

Only issue so far is how fast the carbon built up on the light due to mounting it all the way forward and the Warcomp being tuned for neutral position. Will move the light and sight back a few slots. The current position is perfect for my long ass arms but I would like to preserve the light as long as I can.

Moving forward, I would like to try out a Geissele Super 42 braided recoil spring and buffer as well as their maritime bolt release lever. The Geissele spring was pretty much built for this barrel configuration from what I understand.
    Very nice rifle/configuration.
    Did the barrel come with the factory FSP and if yes, did you have it cut down? And if yes, who did the cut down/refinish?
    Assuming yes to the above, any clearance issues with the Centurion rail?

tp
    Last edited by tango-papa; 04-14-2018 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Hukt awn fonix...

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Very nice rifle/configuration.
    Did the barrel come with the factory FSP and if yes, did you have it cut down? And if yes, who did the cut down/refinish?
    Assuming yes to the above, any clearance issues with the Centurion rail?

tp
    The barrel came with a standard FSP. I used my porta-band saw and a Dremel tool with sanding and grinding bits to chop it and reprofile it. It took a lot of trial and error and fitting to get it to work with the extremely narrow Centurion rail. Best method I came up with was dry fitting the rail and marking the areas that rubbed against the rail with marker and then ground it further.

After getting it to fit properly, I painted the gas block with two coats of black high heat barbecue grill paint. Has worked well so far.

The barrel came with a standard FSP. I used my porta-band saw and a Dremel tool with sanding and grinding bits to chop it and reprofile it. It took a lot of trial and error and fitting to get it to work with the extremely narrow Centurion rail. Best method I came up with was dry fitting the rail and marking the areas that rubbed against the rail with marker and then ground it further.

After getting it to fit properly, I painted the gas block with two coats of black high heat barbecue grill paint. Has worked well so far.
    Well played - again, the rifle looks great.
    I'm a big fan of the Centurion Arms CMR series and have been considering a similar project.
    My primary concerns are/were: potential clearance issues with the Socom barrel and cut down FSP inside the rail.
    Thanks for the info - if you have any photos of the FSP chop & grind process/results, would enjoy seeing those as well.

tp
    Last edited by tango-papa; 04-15-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Well played - again, the rifle looks great.
    I'm a big fan of the Centurion Arms CMR series and have been considering a similar project.
    My primary concerns are/were: potential clearance issues with the Socom barrel and cut down FSP inside the rail.
    Thanks for the info - if you have any photos of the FSP chop & grind process/results, would enjoy seeing those as well.

tp
    No pictures from the build unfortunately. One thing with the Centurion rail is that when you use it with a SOCOM barrel, the meatyness of the barrel walls make the machined in QD sockets unusable on the rear of the rail. I had to buy a Magpul QD mount and place it on the rail just forward of the rear socket. Works great, but it's another ~$25 added on to the build cost. Price you pay to be different.

No pictures from the build unfortunately. One thing with the Centurion rail is that when you use it with a SOCOM barrel, the meatyness of the barrel walls make the machined in QD sockets unusable on the rear of the rail. I had to buy a Magpul QD mount and place it on the rail just forward of the rear socket. Works great, but it's another ~$25 added on to the build cost. Price you pay to be different.
    Thanks for the additional info - I figured that would likely be the case.

tp
    Last edited by tango-papa; 04-15-2018 at 10:04 AM.

My humble Pre-Ban contribution

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    The all new Kahles K318i, Steel Core Rifles, S&B, and Spartan Precision Rifles. On Saturday I was finally able to go to the shooting range to do some precision rifle work.

CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List