Thread: Defoor sights

Defoor sights

Just recently put a set of defoor sights on my gen 3 17, attempted to shoot dot torture, all rounds were low and in good groups, minus the #7 dot, support hand but that is another story, I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this, the groups all were below the dots, centered?

Thanks

What hold were you using? What yardage did you shoot it at?

Site Supporter
    Just so we're consistent with terms, which one of these:
    http://pistol-training.com/archives/1361

I was using image #2 and did the dot torture at 3yds, all shot low center, then just to see what would happen i shot a NRA 25yd bullseye target at 25yds with a rest, group centered and about 4 in low

Site Supporter
    If you want to raise your POI 4" @ 25Y, you'll need a front sight that's .030" shorter.

After talking to Ameriglo I found that most of their sights are set up for sight picture #3

Site Supporter
    Correct. I "drive the dot" so to speak with mine.

Both my G19s with Defoors are dead on at 7 and10 yards using #2 above. Would a 17 be different due to the sight radius?

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    Both my G19s with Defoors are dead on at 7 and10 yards using #2 above. Would a 17 be different due to the sight radius?

Gringop
    If youre using the same sights, I think so. I equipped my G-19 and 17 with the same Heinie Straight 8's. The 17 was dead on using sight picture #2 at 25 yards. The 19 will shoot 2 inches high at 25.

Changing the front sight or ammo will yield the desired group. Sight picture 1 & 3 i dislike. Currently my duty weapon is sight picture 3. Dawson makes a shorter front sight (factory is .160 tall while Dawson makes a .140) with Tritium that im getting ready to order to correct that problem.

Site Supporter
    IMO - I don't think sight radius differences account for your error:

To move a Glock 19 (6" Sight Radius) POI up 4" @ 25Y you need a correction of .027"
    To move a Glock 17 (6.5" Sight Radius) POI up 4" @ 25Y you need a correction of .029"

That's a difference of .002".

User Tag List