Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AmeriGlo CAP or Tijicon HD?

AmeriGlo CAP or Tijicon HD?

What's the consensus on these two?

Without having actually examined either, my limited research indicates that both are about the same in perceived visibility. Seems that both had teething issues, but these are now pretty well resolved.

My need is something I can pick up quickly for close-in work, yet is not too large or prominent to preclude precise shot placement at distance (25-50 yards). I suffer from astigmatism, the kind which disallows a clear sight picture at ANY range. IOW, the old stand-by doctrinal black-on-black doesn't do jack for me anymore; I need something bright on the front end of the pistol; a Glock 19 in this case.

Removing the price differential as a factor, for those who have used both... which would you choose? A short treatise on your reasons WHY would also be appreciated.

And, I'm not locked-in to these two. Other comparable products will be considered.

TIA.

Site Supporter
    I don't think the HD front paint is great, it's just OK. I've heard the CAP has a more fluorescent paint.

I am running the Ameriglos, orange front with tritium, plain black rear with either yellow or green tri (I have a few sets now).

I started having eyeball issues a few years back, standard night sights and regular black/black sights just didn't work anymore, I was basically point shooting. I went to a demo where they had XS sights on a Glock, tried those out to the 50 because I was worried about precision (although it couldn't get any worse than point shooting...) and was sold. I ran those for almost a decade.
    Later I saw the then new Ameriglo sights I noted and bought a set. I find them as fast up close as the Big Dots, with more of the precision one gets from square sights. I could hit at distance with the BDs (as in B/C steel at the 125 and such), but it took longer to get the sight picture just so. Faster work with the Ameriglo sights.

Site Supporter
    I'm not big on 3 dot sights or U-notches personally. I just put a set of CAP's on my Shield and ordčeda set of the TCAP's for one of my G19's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I am running the Ameriglos, orange front with tritium, plain black rear with either yellow or green tri (I have a few sets now).

I started having eyeball issues a few years back, standard night sights and regular black/black sights just didn't work anymore, I was basically point shooting. I went to a demo where they had XS sights on a Glock, tried those out to the 50 because I was worried about precision (although it couldn't get any worse than point shooting...) and was sold. I ran those for almost a decade.
    Later I saw the then new Ameriglo sights I noted and bought a set. I find them as fast up close as the Big Dots, with more of the precision one gets from square sights. I could hit at distance with the BDs (as in B/C steel at the 125 and such), but it took longer to get the sight picture just so. Faster work with the Ameriglo sights.
    Are you running something different than the Hacks?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I received a set of T-CAPs Monday and shot them yesterday. Up until then, I had been using I-Dot Pro (orange) or factory Glock night sights. The thinner front sight on the T-CAP was very noticeable in my opinion. I was also hesitant on the T-CAPs due to a lack of tritium in the rear as it's something I've grown accustomed to. I was very suprised how bright the luminous yellow paint was. It glowed bright after being charged by a flashlight and also would recharge in the presence of ambient light, to some extent. I've heard that some have experienced the yellow color washout in some situations but in my short time with the sights I haven't experienced it. I prefer the orange but it wasn't available in the T-CAP at this time.

Shooting impressions were favorable. I found them quick but it will take some adjustment seeing yellow on my front sight instead of orange. I know that sounds silly but I caught myself in mid-drill thinking "yellow?". The thinner front sight is great. I did a walk back using an IDPA target 6x6 head and made it to about 33yds. That's phenomenal for me and considering it was my first trip with the sights.

I haven't used the HDs yet but at the price point of Ameriglo's offerings, I'll probably stick with them.

Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    Are you running something different than the Hacks?
    Yeah, I think it's the "Spartan Tactical" sight set now, orange and tritium front, black/tritium Pro Operator rear. Should be called "Chuck's" because I did it before them, but Spartan is obviously more cooler.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...artan-tactical

I can't speak to the HD's but I recently shot a Glock 19 with AmeriGlow Caps and I was extremely impressed. Once the finances free up a bit there's a set coming for my M&P45. The TCAP looks interesting as well.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Yeah, I think it's the "Spartan Tactical" sight set now, orange and tritium front, black/tritium Pro Operator rear. Should be called "Chuck's" because I did it before them, but Spartan is obviously more cooler.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sigh...artan-tactical
    I've been trying to track down a set of these Chuckathorns but they're make of a mixture of unicorn tears and Obama's foreign policy experience. I can't find 'em anywhere.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've been trying to track down a set of these Chuckathorns but they're make of a mixture of unicorn tears and Obama's foreign policy experience. I can't find 'em anywhere.
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/ameriglo...or-gl-446.html

User Tag List