Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OrigamiAK's phenomenal article on AIWB in USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Dang, how long did you play? (joe c) Good question though!

OP titled this "Phenomenal" - perfect word to describe it. Awesome job.
    Into my college years. If I didn't travel so much for work I'd join one of the am leagues out here.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Into my college years. If I didn't travel so much for work I'd join one of the am leagues out here.
    REALLY! Nice. I'll take it off the forum so as not to go too far OT.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Thanks for the link. That was a good read.

Origami's pioneering efforts in USPSA are directly responsible for my decision to compete in Limited-10 instead of production starting in May. I won't be quite as hardcore, though, given the need for lots-o-mags in Lim-10 -- I'll be drawing and doing my first reload from concealment but the rest of the mags will be on an outer belt.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Site Supporter
    Awesome article btw...has me seriously considering AIWB in competition.

Also, those are some seriously good shooting skillz from concealment. I applaud.

Very cool journal of your progress
    Have you considered changing your Comp gun to a G35?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Origami's pioneering efforts in USPSA are directly responsible for my decision to compete in Limited-10 instead of production starting in May. I won't be quite as hardcore, though, given the need for lots-o-mags in Lim-10 -- I'll be drawing and doing my first reload from concealment but the rest of the mags will be on an outer belt.
    JodyH directly deserves credit for competing in USPSA from concealment with an AIWB rig in Limited before I did. His doing so first made me aware it was an option. Thanks again Jody!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Very cool journal of your progress
    Have you considered changing your Comp gun to a G35?
    Yes, considered it, but I don't want to go down that road. Scoring Minor in Limited, where Major scoring is allowed, causes USPSA to be highly accuracy-intensive for me - much more than if I shot Major. To just tie the score of a Major-scoring competitor in Limited, I have to shoot exactly half the number of C-zone hits they do, in the same amount of time. That is a powerful pressure on me to shoot As, As, and more As. Depending on the total point value of a stage, I can usually get away with two or three Cs, or I am not scoring enough points to be competitive. I don't want to give up that pressure.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

OrigamiAK, after months and months, a little lightbulb just went off and I actually figured out what your avatar is. Here I thought all along it was some sort of mythical two headed armadillo/ardvark/anteater from greek mythology or something.

Yeah cool writeup. I read the thread and watched the videos on TPI. Pretty impressive.

Hats off to guy who walks the talk. Outstanding to above!

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    OrigamiAK, after months and months, a little lightbulb just went off and I actually figured out what your avatar is. Here I thought all along it was some sort of mythical two headed armadillo/ardvark/anteater from greek mythology or something.
    Same here. I didn't realize until I saw the larger picture.

User Tag List