Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new vtac kind of

new vtac kind of

After trying a bunch of different pistols , some more then once I traded into another m&p this time a vtac(kind of). Its a vtac with different sights,apex extractor, a duty carry action enhancement kit.I have come to conclusion that I shoot m&p's better then most pistols I pick up,I have a lot of time and alot of money in m&p's also ,so why fight it.I've decided to embrace the m&p and quit wasting time on others, so here it is.

Site Supporter
    I like it. I enjoy my M&Ps.

Site Supporter
    I'd buy an M&P tomorrow if I thought the accuracy issue was fixed. I really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I'd buy an M&P tomorrow if I thought the accuracy issue was fixed. I really like them.
    I'd buy 3.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

If only they fixed the accuracy issues.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

So I know this won't convince many of you but the last three I've shot and been around all shot under 3 inches at 25(8 shot groups). All were late 2013/earlish 2014 examples. I'm personally going to get a core in the next year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I don't shoot well enough to notice any accuracy issues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cdunn View Post
    I don't shoot well enough to notice any accuracy issues.
    This. With that said however, I'm pretty heavily invested in Glock so I don't see the status quo changing. If I could do it over again however, it'd be an M&P with a thumb safety. Because awesome.

I'd frankly hesitate to by an M&P for two reasons: First, I've heavily (and satisfactorily) invested in Glocks, and simply don't see any significant reasons/gains to be accrued by switching to (or even trying) an M&P; and Second, it seems that every time a factory "fix" comes along, it's shortly followed by another issue incurred by S&W shortcutting in another area to make up for the "fix" (or, alternatively, you can invest in a series of cottage industry aftermarket parts/installations to make what should have been right from the get-go...).

Ostensibly Grant has a totally "fixed" M&P, albeit one currently available to the LEO market-reassuring in one sense, I guess, in that LEO are being looked out for, but offensive in another, in that the higher priced non-LEO market is somewhat underwriting this effort while being precluded access to it (at least for the time being).

As S&W has reportedly known of effective solutions for some time, yet has either refused, or at best effected what seems to be piecemeal solutions to them, my interest (which in fairness was never particularly high to begin with)has remained with my Glocks, with forays into other more fruitful areas.

I do think that the M&P's ergos are slightly better than Glock's, but practice and familiarly with one's Glock(s) renders such improvements a somewhat fleeting/temporary advantage. That said, if I was confident of the quality and accuracy of the M&P, for a new shooter I'd probably recommend it over a Glock because of the ergos-but I'm simply not at this point ready to recommend them due to their problems. (And I hardly hold 2010-2012 Glocks to be "perfection" personified, either...)

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 03-24-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'd frankly hesitate to by an M&P for two reasons: First, I've heavily (and satisfactorily) invested in Glocks, and simply don't see any significant reasons/gains to be accrued by switching to (or even trying) an M&P; and Second, it seems that every time a factory "fix" comes along, it's shortly followed by another issue incurred by S&W shortcutting in another area to make up for the "fix" (or, alternatively, you can invest in a series of cottage industry aftermarket parts/installations to make what should have been right from the get-go...).

Ostensibly Grant has a totally "fixed" M&P, albeit one currently available to the LEO market-reassuring in one sense, I guess, in that LEO are being looked out for, but offensive in another, in that the higher priced non-LEO market is somewhat underwriting this effort while being precluded access to it (at least for the time being).

As S&W has reportedly known of effective solutions for some time, yet has either refused, or at best effected what seems to be piecemeal solutions to them, my interest (which in fairness was never particularly high to begin with)has remained with my Glocks, with forays into other more fruitful areas.

I do think that the M&P's ergos are slightly better than Glock's, but practice and familiarly with one's Glock(s) renders such improvements a somewhat fleeting/temporary advantage. That said, if I was confident of the quality and accuracy of the M&P, for a new shooter I'd probably recommend it over a Glock because of the ergos-but I'm simply not at this point ready to recommend them due to their problems. (And I hardly hold 2010-2012 Glocks to be "perfection" personified, either...)

Best, Jon
    I will remain a S&W fan ! But only for there revolvers. J,K,L frames !

It wouldn't surprise me at all if S&W paid more attention to QC with there LE pistols.

Then again my accuracy with the 5906 and 6906 wasn't nothing to write home about.

I don't see a M&P9 in my future .

User Tag List