Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92FS Holster Recommendation

Beretta 92FS Holster Recommendation

Just picked up a new 92FS and would like a standard leather IWB holster, but I'm open to other options. Anyone carry one of these IWB?

Milt sparks vm 2 or mtac, both are terrific.
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

Galco Summer Comfort is my go-to for traditional leather iwb.

One issue I'd suggest you clarify with the maker is which version of the gun they use for the mold. The later 92s have a thicker, angled dust cover, and there are still a lot of folks out there using old blue guns with the straight dust cover. Also, you should ask how they mold the sweat guard. A lot of folks mold it with the safety/decocker down, whereas a lot of folks who carry 92s carry with the lever up.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    One issue I'd suggest you clarify with the maker is which version of the gun they use for the mold. The later 92s have a thicker, angled dust cover, and there are still a lot of folks out there using old blue guns with the straight dust cover. Also, you should ask how they mold the sweat guard. A lot of folks mold it with the safety/decocker down, whereas a lot of folks who carry 92s carry with the lever up.
    In my experience , the dustcover angle is irrelevant . If the holster says it fits a 92FS, that's what it will do.

Same deal with the safety/decocker. All my thumbreak holsters work with or without the safety engaged.

As to IWB options, I use either a Theiss IWB rig or a Bladetech Kydex holster. I prefer the Theiss setup because it distributes the weight of the Beretta over two clips instead of one as the Bladetech. Sitting down , having the weight on one point at the belt becomes VERY noticeable over time.

The key to rocking a 92FS comfortably IWB is a quality gun belt. One can get away with packing a Plastic Fantastic using a Wal-Mart belt, but good luck trying that stunt with anything metal framed.

I would also look at the new Wilson Combat holster choices.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ritchie Leather (Alessi's former partner) makes the Hide A Way leather IWB rig. It does a good job hiding large pistols.

Thanks guys. I'm wondering how the Bruniton is going to hold up to Kydex. I'll run with a hybrid-type holster unless an all leather IWB would be a better option. MTAC and Theis are what I prefer when carrying a Glock. Nick Matthews normally makes leather IWB's for me but his site is down. I would prefer something along the lines of a VMII without the wait times. Does anyone here carry a M9/92FS IWB on a regular basis?

Not sure if you will be appendix carrying? For me, I find a P226/G17 size very comfortable, but a full size 92 pokes me appendix. No problem with a Centurion length slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

No appendix carry for me. I did find that the 92 works great for carrying that way without a holster for a quick trip down to the store, but not for edc. I mostly prefer 4:00 IWB carry, with the exception of a Smartcarry with a G26 or XDS-45.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

User Tag List