Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crimson trace for j-frame

crimson trace for j-frame

I picked up a S&W 637 on a whim last Fall and am surprised how much I like it. I find myself carrying it more than I ever imagined. I actually like shooting it too so I enjoy range visits with it. I am currently carrying it in a CCC Versaclip and couldn't be more pleased.

I was thinking about adding a set of Crimson Trace grips and wanted to see which set most folks are using.

I will preface this by saying I think I'd prob like the LG-405 best as they appear to be the same rubber and overall size as what came stock on this gun. I wish they made this one with the green laser.

However, I am open to other models. It appears they make the same compact model in hard plastic, a rubber extended size, and a new economy Defender series.

What do you guys use? Anything other than "feel" I should consider? Anyone with a super duper hookup on price? Anyone have a used set they no longer use?

No experience with the other models but I recently added the LG-405 to my 442 and really like it but have not shot it yet.

The 405s are awesome. I'd use them even if they didn't have a laser. To me, they're the most comfortable, shootable concealment grips I've ever used.

Site Supporter
    I had a set of the 405s on a 637 and later on a 442. The rubber over mold on the back strap helps a lot. They also have a on/off switch. After a year or two of pocket carry the rubber started to deteriorate. I replaced them with a set of 105s, which are similarly sized as the stock boot grips. The 105s have no on/off switch and hit me right in the base os the thumb, making them somewhat unpleasant to shoot.

I got the 105s on sale from Midway for a pretty good price. Watch for them in the sale flier.

Headhunter had a good thread comparing the various CT grips for j-frames. I searched briefly here, so it might have been at TPI.

I just picked up a MP340 last weekend, wanting a set of grips as well. I really want to wait for the green to start hitting the market but not sure if my patience will hold, lol.

I greatly prefer the 305s for shooting, really like those grips.

I prefer the 405s for carry though, much more gooder for pocket draw/carry. The issue is that the rubber on the backstrap eventually falls apart. My second set of 405s is currently doing this on me again.

405s here also, great for pocket carry though they do break down over time. The master off is a nice feature too.
    A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

Anyone have pics of the grips when they fall apart? And is it covered under the 3 year warranty?

Do the 405s feel pretty close to the stock rubber compact grips like on my 637?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had all 3.
    The hard plastic ones will fit smaller hands. I like the smaller rubber covered ones best for pocket use. The larger ones are more comfortable shooters.
    The rubber backstrap separates from the plastic a little after about 2 years of carry.

User Tag List