Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariland GLS holsters

Safariland GLS holsters

A local shop got in some of the Safariland GLS holsters. Unfortunately, their purchasing person ordered every last one of them in coyote brown and a green color. For CCW, this wouldn't be a big deal, but it is a no go for wearing with a uniform; so, the boss and I each have one in black on order.

They are very noticeably thinner than the ALS holsters, and hug more tightly to the body. As such, they are more concealable.

I found the retention device to be faster than the ALS and easier to manipulate with a support hand draw.

Unfortunately, a straight drop does not appear to be available.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

That retention device looks way too easy to defeat in a gun grab situation. Makes me hinky just looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    That retention device looks way too easy to defeat in a gun grab situation. Makes me hinky just looking at it.
    It definitely is not as "secure" as the ALS series. It's much easier to hide though.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Bill had an appendix version last fall, that was straight drop. Very trim. You can prob get one from him in a few weeks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bill had an appendix version last fall, that was straight drop. Very trim. You can prob get one from him in a few weeks.
    OWB?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

AIWB --

Oh my Jesus. Did you get a good look at it? Can you share anymore details?

I would rank it in coolness between a WC G conversion of a 92 and a specially coated Sig 229.

Nice, trim holster, although retention hasn't been an issue on my appendix holsters.

It functions as an appendix holster should (tuck, ability to get a full grip, etc)?

It seemed to work fine. I will see Bill mid April and can get one or at least an update.

User Tag List