Thread: Any RN's on Here?

Any RN's on Here?

Just graduated in Dec, passed my boards in Jan, & started working at a Skilled Nursing Facility in Feb. All my pts are post acute care, but on any given night, I have 20-40 of them. It's freeking intense/insaine! I'm currently trying to get on at an ICU at a major hospital in Nashville, just wanted to get a few months of actual experience before hitting the big time.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Just graduated in Dec, passed my boards in Jan, & started working at a Skilled Nursing Facility in Feb. All my pts are post acute care, but on any given night, I have 20-40 of them. It's freeking intense/insaine! I'm currently trying to get on at an ICU at a major hospital in Nashville, just wanted to get a few months of actual experience before hitting the big time.
    Congratulations on choosing a fantastic career field! The World is your oyster.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Not an RN, but almost! I'm finishing my BSN right now.

That's great news. You're where I want to be. I'm in RN school right now, will graduate May 2015. I was supposed to be graduating this May, but I failed OB/Peds the first time around. The program here is rather limited on instructors and only teaches each class once a year. Having to wait an extra year to retake it was a serious downer, but I'm back at it now.

Congratulations on getting through, seriously. I kept a 4.0 GPA all throughout high school, through my first degree, and through the pre-reqs for the RN program, but dude.....this "keeping people alive" shit is HARD.

Getting through it is a serious accomplishment.

Congrats to all of you.

I'm not an RN. Not even in school. I'm considering pursuing it if my primary goal (completely different industry) doesn't happen this year. Planning on doing my time and coming straight back to EMS as soon as possible as a critical care transport nurse, just like all the nurses at my current workplace; 100% of them are prior EMTs and medics, and for the most part wanted to do EMS but make some actual money to live on.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Working on the RN. Be there next year. Working as a CNA in supportive living, I can absolutely understand your desire to find a job (ICU is the shizzle). Skilled nursing is the most under-appreciated field of the profession I think. Just remember, your CNA's are your best friends. Have you thought about going to med/surg? It's a good way to work on your assessment skills and may not require as much previous experience as something as hardcore as ICU.

Also, Eli, I absolutely understand the difficulty of OB/Peds. Doing that currently and it's definitely tough. Keep with it! You can succeed! Nice to see my fellow "brothers in RN's" here!

User Tag List