Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old School CZ-75 Thumb Safety Options

Not sure if CZ Custom makes their own, I know they sell factory ones that are ISPC Production legal (important to like, only me on here), however I believe Cajun makes his own as well as selling factory ones.
    The one in my new new match gun is actually not a Pre B, in that the hook is the same as the regular post B ones, but it's reset is the same as the Pre B in my backup gun, I don't have the tools to measure them properly to compare how they are made.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Not sure if CZ Custom makes their own, I know they sell factory ones that are ISPC Production legal (important to like, only me on here), however I believe Cajun makes his own as well as selling factory ones.
    The one in my new new match gun is actually not a Pre B, in that the hook is the same as the regular post B ones, but it's reset is the same as the Pre B in my backup gun, I don't have the tools to measure them properly to compare how they are made.
    Think it would be wise to convert a new CZ to a pre-b configuration if it's a carry gun? I've heard that even without the firing pin safety, they're still drop safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Think it would be wise to convert a new CZ to a pre-b configuration if it's a carry gun? I've heard that even without the firing pin safety, they're still drop safe.
    Is it really that important to have a tricked out trigger on your carry gun? Does the FP block even hold you back that much with regards to tweaking trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Is it really that important to have a tricked out trigger on your carry gun? Does the FP block even hold you back that much with regards to tweaking trigger?
    I wasn't saying that I'd do it. I was just wondering if it would be wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

I don't think it would be advantageous (my big word for the day) to convert a new CZ with firing pin block to the Pre B config (if that's what you're asking, not even sure if you can). On guns without the firing pin block, I guess it would really come down to how little reset you'd like. One thing I've noticed with my new gun, is that I can't demo pulling the trigger with a pen for my students anymore, the reset is so short and the SA so light I end up bump firing an entire mag. With my older guns, I can still do it fairly reliably, although a couple bump fires happen now and then. I'm not sure I'd want something like that in a carry gun. But it's also something I don't have to think about so my opinion on that is kind of a waste probably.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Doesn't the CZ custom shop, or somebody sell their own manufactured Pre-B disconnector?
    They in fact have both a new manufactured Pre B disco, that requires a CZ Custom shop install and they have the older Pre B disco, thats a drop in to non firing pin safety 75s. Here's a link explaining this latter and where they came from:

http://czcustom.com/CZUBPREBDROPINDISCONNECTOR.aspx

Site Supporter
    I'm a related note, CZ now has a CZ-75B "retro" model. It has a spur hammer and aluminum grips patterned after the original pre-B grips. It was kinda cool.

User Tag List