Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry Competition Association

Anyone remember the old IDSA?
    They had a good set of rules and were an alternative to IDPA.
    In fact our club still uses IDSA rules for our monthly "CCW match".

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Can you post a picture for us of the target?

Wheeler
    Disregard, I looked at the updated website. Looking good!

Wheeler
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Disregard, I looked at the updated website. Looking good!

Wheeler
    Thanks.

Revolver note: Ruger SP101 is now the most used revolver in PCCA then the S&W 640,S&W mod 36 and last is the LCR.

Quote Originally Posted by Caswell Ranch View Post
    Thanks.

Revolver note: Ruger SP101 is now the most used revolver in PCCA then the S&W 640,S&W mod 36 and last is the LCR.
    Do you think there are really that many folks that carry an SP101 or are they starting to find ways to "game" it?
    Julius Caesar

Most all that are shooting an SP101 carry them, people that are thinking game are looking for the same gun or a J-frame Smith in 9mm with moon clips, for the most part people shoot PCCA as practice for carry with shoot-me vests being used less and less and I like this trend.

Regards,
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Caswell Ranch View Post
    Thanks.

Sounds like a bunch of steel framed guns in that category. Anyone shooting a normal 442 or even the AirLights?

Are the Rugers being carried on a belt or in a pocket?

Rugers, on belt or jacket pocket, a few 442/642 are being used.

The gun that is being sold off most is the Ruger LCR, recoil (even with factory .38spl), cylinder being smaller than available loaders are the main reasons noted.

Some people have traded in the light weight guns for stainless guns that they now carry in the interest of putting the second shot on target, S&W mod 60 is also one of the go-to guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    It's your league. Call it what you will.

There's an old PR adage that if you have to spend all of your time explaining it, people aren't getting the message. One local shooter that is also on this forum has mentioned trying it, but when I have mentioned it to other shooters in our group, they were turned off by the time the name was explained.

I wish you and the league well and much success.
    I'm one of "the other shooters in our group". I will admit I probably won't ever participate in any official PCCA matches because I do not and will not ever carry my LCP in a hip holster. I carry it in my pocket. Period. IF I have to go to a hip holster then I carry a "real" gun.

I felt good about my raw times and hits until it was actually scored and adjusted for penalties. OUCH. I finished as a Good Shooter with a 83.72. I guess I need to work a lot more with my pocket gun to get that score down. I will say though all my shots that drew penalties still would have been in the bad guy .... even that one might have hit his foot.

Initial thoughts;

• I would like to run some matches outlaw style to get more practice with my LCP.
    • The Classifier CoF is really fast and easy to setup and run. I like it.
    • The Classifier CoF would be EASY PEAZY for someone running a baby GLOCK or other sub-compact version of a duty type pistol. I expect at least half our "group" could run it ZERO DOWN in short time. I am not sure this makes an even playing field (from a gaming aspect) when you put those guys up against a LCP or J-frame or whatever else. If you carry a baby GLOCK that's great but if you want to game with it why not just shoot it in IDPA? Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I'm one of "the other shooters in our group". I will admit I probably won't ever participate in any official PCCA matches because I do not and will not ever carry my LCP in a hip holster. I carry it in my pocket. Period. IF I have to go to a hip holster then I carry a "real" gun.

I felt good about my raw times and hits until it was actually scored and adjusted for penalties. OUCH. I finished as a Good Shooter with a 83.72. I guess I need to work a lot more with my pocket gun to get that score down. I will say though all my shots that drew penalties still would have been in the bad guy .... even that one might have hit his foot.

Initial thoughts;

• I would like to run some matches outlaw style to get more practice with my LCP.
    • The Classifier CoF is really fast and easy to setup and run. I like it.
    • The Classifier CoF would be EASY PEAZY for someone running a baby GLOCK or other sub-compact version of a duty type pistol. I expect at least half our "group" could run it ZERO DOWN in short time. I am not sure this makes an even playing field (from a gaming aspect) when you put those guys up against a LCP or J-frame or whatever else. If you carry a baby GLOCK that's great but if you want to game with it why not just shoot it in IDPA? Just sayin'.
    According to the PCCA rules, baby Glocks would be in the discreet carry divison, vs. the pocket carry division. Sort of like IDPA, pocket sized guns would compete against pocket sized guns, regardless of trigger mechanism, safeties etc. Baby Glocks would compete against Kahrs, Micro Eagles, and six shot K & L frame sized revolvers with a 3" or shorter barrel.

Barring reloads, I'll run a 3" K frame against a G26 any day
    Julius Caesar

According to the PCCA rules, baby Glocks would be in the discreet carry divison, vs. the pocket carry division. Sort of like IDPA, pocket sized guns would compete against pocket sized guns, regardless of trigger mechanism, safeties etc. Baby Glocks would compete against Kahrs, Micro Eagles, and six shot K & L frame sized revolvers with a 3" or shorter barrel.
    Gotcha. That makes sense.

User Tag List