Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry Competition Association

Quote Originally Posted by Spaker View Post
    There's a new competition league starting up here in North Carolina: the Pocket Carry Competition Association. This is the brainchild of Dean Brevit, the owner of Caswell Ranch. The idea is to give people who carry small "pocket pistols" or revolvers an action shooting league in which to hone their skills. I'm not very familiar with the rules for IDPA BUG matches, but from what others have said, the PCCA rules are a bit different. Currently only handguns with a barrel length of 3.12 inches or less are allowed, so we're not talking compact Glocks and M&Ps; it's really meant to be a place for those 2" revolvers, pocket .380s and similar guns.
    Chris
    Thanks for sharing! The site was down when I clicked on the link. Is this a membership based organization? Do you know if there are plans for regional/national events or is the focus on grass roots right now?
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by JulieG View Post
    ... Do you know if there are plans for regional/national events or is the focus on grass roots right now?
    Thanks!!
    Julie,

Here is the link: http://pocketcarrycomp.com/default.aspx

It is a grass roots organization here in NC that seems to be getting a lot of support. There are plans for it to expand.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Garner View Post
    Julie,

Here is the link: http://pocketcarrycomp.com/default.aspx

It is a grass roots organization here in NC that seems to be getting a lot of support. There are plans for it to expand.
    Thanks! I will check it out.

I'm liking the initial setup and guidelines in the rulebook. My local club bases the majority of their stages from the NRA/ILA Armed citizen. I think this would be a perfect tangenital venue that is a tad more practical for those of us that carry a pocket blaster.

Wheeler

I SO IDPA matches at Caswell Ranch and have spoken with Dean about PCCA. The concept is that most of us dont carry our G-17, G-34, or SW Pro around with us...we carry a J-frame or pocket .380 etc.

He has said there has been interest outside NC and I know he wants it to grow. Any of you guys that want it in your area should contact Dean through his website:

http://caswellranch.com/contactus.aspx

Hi,First Post here!

I just read through the PCCA Rule Book and it is something I have an interest in.

I have carried a small J frame or pocket pistol as a back-up or as a primary when loafing around the house and enjoy shooting them.

I would like to see this take off and see some matches within reasonable driving distance.
    I have actually shot some Bug Matches that allowed pocket carry for experienced shooters. I would not mind this in PCCA either,but I understand the objections.

Quote Originally Posted by old frank View Post
    Hi,First Post here!

I just read through the PCCA Rule Book and it is something I have an interest in.

I have carried a small J frame or pocket pistol as a back-up or as a primary when loafing around the house and enjoy shooting them.

I would like to see this take off and see some matches within reasonable driving distance.
    I have actually shot some Bug Matches that allowed pocket carry for experienced shooters. I would not mind this in PCCA either,but I understand the objections.
    old frank,

shoot me a PM when you have the time. I think we might be in the same general area and might be able to work something out for a provisional match or at least something exploratory.

wheeler
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

The smallest pistol I carry is a Glock 26. I was initially very interested in this league, but with the 26 being excluded, I am less interested.

Next time I am around that area I will have to try it out it looks like a lot of fun. I usually shoot my Glock 26 in local IDPA match's, and it would be nice to have a somewhat level playing field for my Kahr PM9 (6 rounds until you have to reload really kills your time)

LOL, a shooting competition for people who don't like to carry guns? What's next, hot dog eating contests for vegetarians?

Not hating, just think it's funny
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

User Tag List