Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry Competition Association

So far I've read a lot of posts here, and in this particular thread especially, about pocket carry semi-autos,... But I don't see anyone here mentioning Kel-Tecs at all so far,... Doesn't anyone else like or use them?

The first semi-auto I got was a Kel-Tec P-11: With it's 9mm power, 3.1" barrel, standard 10 or optional 12 round magazine, 20 oz fully loaded weight, $250 price tag, and being Made-in-USA, I think it's an AWESOME CCW and/or BUG. (HA I learned what "BUG" stands for!)
    I did have 3 or 4 "Fail-to-eject" jams during the first 200 round break-in, but it has performed flawlessly ever since (clean or dirty) - about 1200 more rounds so far. And I haven't done any of the special ramp-polishing or other tweaks. I have a little trouble keeping all the hits inside a 6" circle at 25 yards, but at 7 yards, I can consistently put 45 of 50 inside 3". (I know, I still have a LONG way to go, but remember I'm a n00b and I'm just learning!) I'd like to see a "pro" dance with her once. Maybe I'll take the 2000 round challenge and see how she does,...
    Any comments will be appreciated! Thanks!
    A good example has twice the value of good advice,...

I own two PF9s and like them a lot. However, they are not nearly as robust as a full size gun. It is the only 9mm that fits in my pocket. The reason I own two? The first one had to go back to the factory at ~3k rounds because the take down pin walked out and the frame cracked when the slide came back and sheared the head of the pin off. It's a free repair, but it takes eight weeks to get the gun back.

@ Gremlin,... WOW! 8 weeks! DANG!
    A good example has twice the value of good advice,...

It boggles the mind that the Walther PPS is ineligible.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It boggles the mind that the Walther PPS is ineligible.
    it is by .09 inches... I wonder if a smith can trim that off and not affect the function...

I know there was a lot of discussion about the barrel length when the rules were being written. And with this being a brand new league, I doubt it's set in stone forever. The original limit was 3" even, but it was discovered that some 3" guns actually had bbl lengths of just a hair over 3", so the limit was set at 3.12". Gotta set it somewhere, I guess, and that's inevitably going to exclude something that somebody wants to shoot in a match.
    Chris

We are diminished
    If they allow the PPS, the PPS will probably be the gun to have for the gamers.

And before you tell me there are no gamers, (a) look at who started the league and (b) that's what we said when IDPA first started, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

And before you tell me there are no gamers, (a) look at who started the league and (b) that's what we said when IDPA first started, too.
    It is a nice shooting gun for one that is so tiny. It's why I have it. I didn't want to carry a gun I'd never shoot because my hand would hurt after 20 rounds.

Bro I always owb carry my Glock 34 concealed with a fishing vest bro, it says practical-tactical right on the flyer bro.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

That reminds me- does anyone make a comp for the Baby Browning?

User Tag List