Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first IDPA match

I shoot both USPSA and IDPA. I like them both even with their faults [as I see them]. I have yet to meet someone who thinks the flat foot reload is an improvement. Yet both are games with rules.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    What about the new number issue that was mentioned?
    The only way a shooter can move down in classification is for permanent physical disability and this has to be approved by B-ville. Otherwise, one so inclined could sandbag just by letting membership lapse.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    What about the new number issue that was mentioned?
    Your lapse would have to be for years, if ever. I have never heard of anyone losing their number. There have been people who changed numbers because of technical reasons.
    I wouldn't worry about that. Safariland is running a special if you renew your membership you get a 50% OFF discount at Holsters.com, maximum discount is $500 ($1000 in products for $500).

If you are unhappy with some things about IDPA, I recommend a letter to headquarters that is respectful and persuasive. If enough of us write letters and make persuasive arguments, it has been my experience that they will change. If people don't renew they may not attribute it to specific reasons of dissatisfaction.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Cody, I am just looking for clarification on these quoted sections:

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Also, if a club lets you shoot AIWB not for score, then I would assume no IDPA membership or classifier is required (as long as you pay the event fee).
    Cody
    It looks to me like a club isn't allowed to have competitors shooting Not For Score with an AIWB holster. Am I misreading rule 8.2.7 and 8.2.7.3, or is there something else I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    If you are unhappy with some things about IDPA, I recommend a letter to headquarters that is respectful and persuasive. If enough of us write letters and make persuasive arguments, it has been my experience that they will change. If people don't renew they may not attribute it to specific reasons of dissatisfaction.
    Cody
    Can you name any examples of this? Round-dumping was the only thing I could think of, but I am hardly the most knowledgeable person about IDPA. Any other issues you can cite that were resolved by writing letters to IDPA HQ?

Thank you!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

AIWB is still prohibited by the IDPA rules. The not-for-score category is for stuff like guns with RMRs on them, etc. Do I think that IDPA will eventually allow AIWB? Probably, but not this year.

Thank you Caleb!
    Lord of the Food Court

That's not to say that a local club wouldn't let you shoot a match from AIWB, mind you. Some MDs turn a blind eye to stuff like that at the club level.

"It's just a club match"?
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    "It's just a club match"?
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Because it was your first time.
    This. My first match I was nervous as hell. I did and still do focus a lot on accuracy. I shot most of the stages -0 to -3 and was slower than Christmas. I consistently finished in the top 1/4 of participants in local matches. I think that has a lot to do the competition more than my skill level. Lots of new shooters out there.

User Tag List