Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
Your lapse would have to be for years, if ever. I have never heard of anyone losing their number. There have been people who changed numbers because of technical reasons.
I wouldn't worry about that. Safariland is running a special if you renew your membership you get a 50% OFF discount at Holsters.com, maximum discount is $500 ($1000 in products for $500).

If you are unhappy with some things about IDPA, I recommend a letter to headquarters that is respectful and persuasive. If enough of us write letters and make persuasive arguments, it has been my experience that they will change. If people don't renew they may not attribute it to specific reasons of dissatisfaction.
Cody
I lapsed from 2007 to last year when they first published the proposed new rules. I wanted to rejoin to be able to comment on the proposed rules. When I signed up, I couldn't remember by old number, so I just signed up as a new member. My application went through with the new number, but I received an email a few days later indicating that they found my old number and treated my application as a renewal.