Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIG's Choice of Grease

Quote Originally Posted by foxsimple View Post
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    TW-25B is shown at 3:58.
    I'm such a gun nerd that I recognized Andrew as soon as the video started. And I've never met him in person.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

TW-25B has a distinct smell and feel. Very different than white lithium based products. No telling what Sig uses in-house during assembly. Probably whatever is available at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    TW-25B has a distinct smell and feel. Very different than white lithium based products. No telling what Sig uses in-house during assembly. Probably whatever is available at the time.
    Right, that's the hallmark of any manufacturing process: whatever's lying around. I'm dead sure they don't have a material number, storage and handling process, or logistical trail for whatever caulk, non-dairy creamer, or other ambiguous white paste they slap in the gun right before they toss them in laundry baskets for shipping.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I simply meant that most manufacturers will use bulk machine oil and lithium grease in manufacture, not products that you or me might buy off the shelf. TW-25B is available in bulk however and I'm sure Sig would get a nice price.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Well, I wouldn't go that far. I simply meant that most manufacturers will use bulk machine oil and lithium grease in manufacture, not products that you or me might buy off the shelf. TW-25B is available in bulk however and I'm sure Sig would get a nice price.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
    Do you think they actually pay for the TW25B if that, is in fact, what they use? What better marketing than to provide a free sample of the lubricant? How many buy the stuff blindly, with their only statement being, manufacturer recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Do you think they actually pay for the TW25B if that, is in fact, what they use? What better marketing than to provide a free sample of the lubricant? How many buy the stuff blindly, with their only statement being, manufacturer recommended?
    I use it because it actually works. That stuff is SLIPPERY! Makes a crappy trigger feel halfway decent and a decent trigger feel great.

Site Supporter
    You should try Lubriplate 105. It feels just as slippery and has far better prices.

10oz is $10.

Wheel bearing grease would probably work just as well.

I use TW25B in cold weather and during warmer months, I like Slide Glide medium, but it is a lint - crud magnet.

User Tag List