Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kolbeson Leather Works

Site Supporter
    There's a universe of difference between applying a cancellation fee to a one-month delay in a 6-month lead time, vs. an 18-24 month delay on a 6-month lead time. The latter is inexcusable, indefensible. If he's telling you that at the 12 month point he's still got 12 months (maybe more, 'cause "all turnaround times are subject to change without notice") to go, that means he hasn't even started your order and he's just using your money to cash flow his daily expenses.
    Just thinking about it makes my head go
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

My thoughts exactly.

I'm guessing the consumer protection division of his states Attorney General office would have a different opinion regarding the validity of his cancellation fee policy.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

In the interest of full disclosure, I have had some recent successful and prompt email communication with Josh.

October 26:
    "Dear Mr. Kolbeson,
    I placed order #1851 on 2/26/13. I have paid you $118 for this holster. You have FAR exceeded the wait time that was listed on your website at the time of purchase, with no communication, explanation, or good will in the time since. This is a terrible way to run a business, and is unacceptable. You have long since spent the money I gave you for services not yet rendered, and I see that you are taking new orders for products with a turn-around time of 4-6 weeks, while there are unfinished holsters for which you already charged from TWO YEARS ago! This is theft. Essentially, you have taken out an interest-free small business loan without consent. I expect a full refund in the next 10 days, or I will be forced by principle to pursue legal action."

October 26, 2014:

My most sincere apologies for the delay. I’m finishing up a large batch of hybrids that will be ready to ship within the next few days and your order is in with these. They’ll be finished up and shipped out by mid next week at the latest. If you would still like to cancel the order that will not be a problem. Just let me know which you prefer and I’ll get it taken care of shortly.

Josh

October 26, 2014:
    Thank you for the prompt response. I look forward to getting my holster.

November 1, 2014:
    Just wanted to give you a head’s up that the batch is taking a few days longer to finish than expected so your order will be in the mail by Monday.

Thanks again for your patience,

Josh

November 4, 2014:
    Paypal Notification "An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed. The status of order #1851 is now Shipped. Date Placed: 26th Feb 2013"

Threads like this make me grateful that I can get a high quality kydex holster from any of the premiere makers in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tactical22 View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure, I have had some recent successful and prompt email communication with Josh.
    Wow. Did you go out and buy lotto tickets?

New guy here - usually spend time over on arf.

Ordered kydex from Kolbeson 9 weeks ago... I take it by reading through this thread its a.) going to be a while before I see anything b.) purchase an alternative in the meantime?

User Tag List