Thread: Colt poly Mustang .380?

Colt poly Mustang .380?

I just saw one of these at my LGS. I've never owned a .380 or a pocket gun but I've been thinking a very small hideout pistol would come in very handy at times when the usual compact/full size isn't practical. Any opinions and experiences with this pistol? I fully realize that the .380 isn't the "delivery like a brick through a plate glass window" as "M" told Bond but it must be better than harsh language..

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I just saw one of these at my LGS. I've never owned a .380 or a pocket gun but I've been thinking a very small hideout pistol would come in very handy at times when the usual compact/full size isn't practical. Any opinions and experiences with this pistol? I fully realize that the .380 isn't the "delivery like a brick through a plate glass window" as "M" told Bond but it must be better than harsh language..

Thanks.
    I've shot the new Mustang XSP a bit, and the big problem with it from a comp-set point of view are the sights. They're not good. Which is why if you want a SAO Mustang-Style .380 I'd recommend the Sig P238 instead, which can be had with reasonable factory night sights right out of the box.

I had a colt mustang pocket lite 380 that went along with my Officers ACP and 1911.

Its was nice to carry in the pocket. I didn't care for the accuracy at all. I fed it ball ammo for reliability.

Later on I went back to a S&W air weight . For some reason I can shoot a S&W J frame way more accurately than the subcompact 32/380`s I've bought in the past.
    And to this day still carry one for a bug. BTW I also like the performance of the 38spl over the 380ACP

I do think the mustang makes a good bug for the 1911 .

User Tag List