Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retro AR15s (or other platforms)

Finished product. Let's see some other retro black rifles!

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Finished product. Let's see some other retro black rifles!

is that a battle comp?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    is that a battle comp?
    Nope, just a generic comp from ADCO.

I was pretty much open to using a comp, because a repro 607 moderator would be a no-go for my state....and the fake 607 moderators are just stupid heavy and throw off the balance of the gun. I'm not even sure if 45Bravo is still around making repro XM177 and 607 moderators....I'd use either if I had the choice.

Nope, just a generic comp from ADCO.

I was pretty much open to using a comp, because a repro 607 moderator would be a no-go for my state....and the fake 607 moderators are just stupid heavy and throw off the balance of the gun. I'm not even sure if 45Bravo is still around making repro XM177 and 607 moderators....I'd use either if I had the choice.
    I wasn't judging, that gun is inspiring me

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I wasn't judging, that gun is inspiring me
    Nah....didn't think you were judging, it's just why use a comp when going for a 607? Even a 3 prong flash hider would be incorrect for a 607, but it'd at least be more in character.

I went with the Fiberite because a repro 607 stock system costs about $700.......if you can find one. Went with a midlength gas because carbine A1 handguards would look funny on a 16 barrel.

If I lived in another state and didn't have the prospect of moving for a job.....and had more fun money to blow....I'd do it up right with a Nodak Spud lower and perm attach a 45Bravo repro 607 moderator onto a shorter barrel. Even if I could, I don't think I'd SBR it to make it a real 607 barrel/gas system setup, though. There was a reason they only made 50 of these things. Due to the lack of dwell time, their reliability was atrocious (along with the 605).

I'm glad that it's inspiring to you, I really appreciate that. If I'm not mistaken, you're a 20" rifle sort of AR dude, right? What are you thinking of building?
    Last edited by TGS; 07-22-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Nah....didn't think you were judging, it's just why use a comp when going for a 607? Even a 3 prong flash hider would be incorrect for a 607, but it'd at least be more in character.

I went with the Fiberite because a repro 607 stock system costs about $700.......if you can find one. Went with a midlength gas because carbine A1 handguards would look funny on a 16 barrel.

If I lived in another state and didn't have the prospect of moving for a job.....and had more fun money to blow....I'd do it up right with a Nodak Spud lower and perm attach a 45Bravo repro 607 moderator onto a shorter barrel. Even if I could, I don't think I'd SBR it to make it a real 607 barrel/gas system setup, though. There was a reason they only made 50 of these things. Due to the lack of dwell time, their reliability was atrocious (along with the 605).

I'm glad that it's inspiring to you, I really appreciate that. If I'm not mistaken, you're a 20" rifle sort of AR dude, right? What are you thinking of building?
    I like.16" but I'm thinking of putting something a raider would of carried...

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    oh... hello beautiful..

I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these for a while:
    https://www.wholesalehunter.com/prod...uctid=11039234
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Yesterday jerking the trigger posted that Griffin Armament was making a XM linear comp for a XM177E2 build. I started looking around at building a clone and am entertaining a retro inspired build. I think the kit coupled with the barrel posted above from Brownells might be cheaper and easier but that link says they are out of stock. I found one at another sight, but about $150 more expensive.

User Tag List