Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My R 51 should be on the way soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Dayum.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Wow, what a piece of crap that example is.
    That was always a real possibility at the price point these are built to. I wonder if this segment of the market is too hot. I have no inside info, but I assume pocket 380s and single stack 9mms have been a license to print money for gun companies. The biggest gun shop in my area used to be Fudd-central. Now its LCP-and-Shield central. You literally have to get a number like its a deli counter and get in line behind a gaggle of people trying to decide which pocket gun to buy.

Even if the R51 proves to be junk, it will probably still be profitable junk for Remington.

Holy smokes, Bangswitch dude should probably not even fire that copy.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

There won't be a shortage of people buying these, running 30 rounds of FMJ thru it, and declaring it to be flawless.

They will also shoot it at 7 yards and rave about what a tac driver it is...

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    There won't be a shortage of people buying these, running 30 rounds of FMJ thru it, and declaring it to be flawless.

That ain't good......not quite the debut Remington was hoping for...

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Here's the thing, though... if rounds 31-35 also fire flawlessly, saving that person's life in the process, then the R51 has fulfilled its purpose perfectly.

My personal opinion is that the R51 was designed to a price point, styled to appeal to collectors and CCW Cleetii looking for something a little different, and never intended to be routinely field-stripped because the average owner will shoot less than 500 rounds through it.

Like many folks here, I would have a hard time buying a gun (and the accoutrement that goes with it) if I knew it wasn't designed to be, y'know, exercised regularly. However, that doesn't mean I can't respect a gun that performs properly within its design parameters, i.e. functions out-of-the-box for at least 500 rounds with no care taken beyond feeding it ammo that it will shoot reliably.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by sheriffoconee View Post
    That ain't good......not quite the debut Remington was hoping for...

The R51 is the gun equivalent of a Nigerian Email . Small, pretty, reliable, built by a Freedom Group firm, and affordable? Sure. And you just inherited a million dollars and need to transfer it through a Nigerian bank......

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Don't worry. I'll get his and then go double wielding.
    Promises, promises...

User Tag List