Thread: The Sphinx SD

The Sphinx SD

Hey guys! I have a post already out there about what sidearm I am going to choose for my CCW and one of my choices is the Sphinx SPD. If you're screaming at your computer screen asking why I would use it as a CCW, go read my other post. But this post is just me trying to find someone who has shot or owned a Sphinx SPD. I know that it is not a very well known gun and most people would be very hesitant to spend $1200 on it, and I am too. But I have been doing alot of research on it and the parts and assembly look absolutely incredible, I just can't seem to find anyone who has done a 2000 round test on it. I really just want to know about the reliability of the firearm. I don't care about desert conditions or underwater or anything crazy like that. Just; will it function properly after putting a boatload of rounds through it at the range. If you have any opinion or information on this firearm, please let me know!

P.S. I messed up the title, its a Sphinx SDP! Sorry guys!
    Last edited by ShotPlacing; 03-12-2014 at 01:14 AM. Reason: title screw up

Here are the results of a search I did on the Brian Enos competition forum.

The gist I picked up in scanning is it's a nice gun that is very well fitted that is double the price (or more) of what a tuned competition CZ would be from a pro shop.

It's probably a great gun, but what it looks like to me is an overpriced CZ 75. Does it take CZ mags? If not I'd rule it out. The CZ 75 Compact is a eat little pistola. Do you have a budget at all? If budget isn't a concern and you want a bad ass 9mm carry pistol have Wilson build you a full size, LW frame, bob tail, 9mm CQB. That would be an easy to carry and sweet shooting gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that is kind of what I was thinking too. It does not take CZ mags. My budget is basically how long I want to wait before I buy it. I will spend anywhere from $700-$1500 most likely. Can you post a link to something similar to the Wilson you are talking about?

Bud's Gunshop has a CZ Custom Shop tuned Compact 75 w/night sights for $919 shipped.
    I'd buy that long before I'd buy a Sphinx as a carry pistol.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List