Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Level Training SIRT Training Pistol

Next Level Training SIRT Training Pistol

I should be receiving mine at the end of next week. I'm interested in the training drills people develop for the SIRT. Next Level has some introductory vids but, surely, more drills will be developed as more are sold.

Mostly use my SIRT to do standard drills (IDPA classifier, 10-8 test, many of the drills that TLG has published such as Dot Torture, the FAST test, etc.) with an emphasis on accuracy, often using reduced size targets, partial targets, no-shoots, 1 handed shooting on small targets, etc. Often use PAR times for these drills.

Much like a .22, you have to compensate somehow for the lack of recoil, by forcing a greater empahsis on accuracy.

Other resources include drills from Steve Anderson's books "Refinment and Repetition", and "Principles of Performance", and Sam Conway's book "The Shooter's Approach to Practice".

Have found that training scars to be avoided include firing unrealistic numbers of rounds w/o a reload. I do a lot of tactical reloads, and also simulated slide lock reloads (with a very positive press on the slide release).

A buddy of mine has been using my SIRT and incorporating it into his workouts, much like the videos of the Tac-30 training sessions posted on the NLT website.

As time goes on, I plan on incorporating the SIRT into my live fire sesssions: perform several iterations of a drill with the SIRT, then with a pistol.

I emailed SIRT after I read Todd's review to enquire about the M&P version. They said it would be 6 months before the M&P is ready and that I wouldn't be disappointed.

I'm definitely going to wait for the M&P since I've been shooting an M&P exclusively for a few years now.

I think it's going to be a great tool for practice. I have to admit that I don't dry fire at all. I'm just not motivated to do it. I think the SIRT will help increase the desire and be fun at the same time.

Plus it's going to be a great teaching tool for me to use with my son who will be 5 years old this July. He watches me shoot, but he's too young/small himself to shoot. I think the SIRT will be fun for him and I to use as he becomes familiar with the pistol platform.

God Bless,
    David

Would it be possible to get enough of us together, so we could do a group purchase of the SIRT Training Pistol? Even better, some of the proceeds could go to support the forum.

Regards,
    Alan

We are diminished
    If you use coupon code "pistol-trainer" you can buy one at their online store for $399, which is $40 off.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    If you use coupon code "pistol-trainer" you can buy one at their online store for $399, which is $40 off.
    Thank you for that :-)

Regards,
    Alan

Did the NLT guys give an ETA on the M&P version at SHOT? I'm interested but I'm waiting on this platform over the glock.

Does the glock version only fit G17 holsters? I read a few posts on different sites that they were having trouble with it fitting their holsters. I'd prefer one that works for the G19 gear I have.

I am assuming that it will be about six months based on what David said.

Quote Originally Posted by David B. View Post
    I emailed SIRT after I read Todd's review to enquire about the M&P version. They said it would be 6 months before the M&P is ready and that I wouldn't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    I'd prefer one that works for the G19 gear I have.
    I think I read on their site somewhere the G19 is "on the list" for future models. This is what I would probably prefer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ljgrohn View Post
    I am assuming that it will be about six months based on what David said.
    Oops. I guess reading is fundamental. Thanks.

I hope it is a short 6 months.

User Tag List