Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: FAST 2

On the FAST2, have you considered starting from a fence or "surrender"?
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Oscar Wilde.
    | www.PracticalPerformance.org | Facebook | Instagram |

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by AJZ View Post
    On the FAST2, have you considered starting from a fence or "surrender"?
    I think the FAST2 died on the vine. Complex does everything I wanted to accomplish and as so many others have pointed out doesn't dilute the original FAST.

I've been toying with allowing the FAST to be begun from a high fence (would need to define) as an option; with Complex I think I'd definitely allow it.

I like that you're looking at this. Preplanned reloads bother me. In the spirit of, I will start randomizing my 1r2 into an xr2.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Some thoughts:

First, I'm certainly still interested in data if folks want to give it a go.
    I took the average reload time for 6 runs of the FAST and it was 2.20 seconds. I ran the FAST 2 today for 10 runs and had an average reload of 2.80 seconds. I also found it difficult to do because I am so programmed to reload after the second shot on the FAST so I had to throw away several runs because I started to reload early. Even when I didn't try to reload too soon my transition was very slow because I was having to pay attention to not reloading and that made my overall times slower then expected.

I also ran the G&R Tactical Drill #2 and my average reload was 2.69 seconds. By the time I did that drill I was getting a little better at surprise reloads, but still much slower than a planned reload.

Todd, if you are interested in all the numbers from my 10 runs, let me know and I will pm you with them.
    Last edited by Corey; 03-12-2014 at 11:14 PM. Reason: added info

User Tag List