Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Are we training right?

Glad to be of pseudo-service.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Interesting OIS. Suspect with contact weapon charges officers, one with less lethal, the other with lethal. Bean bags have not effect and officer with the pistol has to engage the suspect. While camera angles can be weird, it appears that one of the officers has to fire just past his partner.

http://www.policeone.com/officer-sho...n=featuredNews

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    SLG,

Holy kittens.

Also, nice illustration of trigger-checking at 5:13-5:15 from the guy on the left side of the screen.
    Anyone notice that during the last drill, he goes to something like Sul to avoid muzzling the no-shoot targets (which happen to be live human beings)?

The shooter is fast and smooth at doing something that a lot of people on the "Rule 2 and 3" thread say is impossible or at least impractical, and he does it under conditions that are far more stressful than the typical practical shooting match. Hmmm....

Okie John

Okie John ~

I need to walk back my negative comments here on that one. According to comments on the other thread, the guy fired deliberate shots to the ground during the engagement. Not ADs, and not reflexive trigger checking. Didn't know what I was looking at, and was wrong to comment about it.

pax
    Kathy Jackson

Yup, just like the rest of the drill, the Russians do kind of their own thing. Pretty sure the palm heel to the face strike punctuated by the warning shot into the dirt as a "GTFB" on steroids.

I think there's a lot in that video that's presented out of context.

For one thing, both the guys shooting the drill and the ones overseeing it are the equivalent of the CIA's Special Activities Division, which means they're in a near super-human class of individual. Sure, they get intense training to reach that level, but they've also undergone psychological testing and screening to ensure that they were born with the pure mental hardness it takes to do the kind of work that will be asked of them.

LAV doesn't provide that context until the last 30 seconds, and even then he only hints at some of it. If I remember correctly, SGM Eric Haney describes something very similar to the last drill in his book "Inside Delta Force", so those things could very well happen in the US in units that we don't know exist.

I'd also guess that the masked Russian narrator speaks fluent English, and chooses to answer LAV in Russian. But that's just a guess.

Okie John

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Yup I've seen that, as few folks here (TimC, JayC) where on the other relay, but a guy on my relay with KenH (joint LAV/Ken class) did that, and Ken tore him a new one. Student denied denied denied - and it was pretty clear what he did.
    It was not a open enrollment class per say - and I will point out he was a Fed LE (with a Sig if it narrows it down).
    It was a miracle that he missed a dude the size of EL with that shot.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It was a miracle that he missed a dude the size of EL with that shot.
    Yeah, but Eric would have shrugged it off and fed him the Sig...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Yeah, but Eric would have shrugged it off and fed him the Sig...
    3/15/2016

User Tag List