Thread: brief case insert for full size pistol?

brief case insert for full size pistol?

Does anyone know of a company making a briefcase insert that will hold a full sized handgun plus a spare mag? I looked at the Maxpedition bags but those are not "business looking", I'm sure they are great bags and I'd love to have one but not for the office. I need something that works in a standard laptop briefcase. Something that will hold the gun centered and upright in the back slot of the internal separators.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by part-time shooter View Post
    Does anyone know of a company making a briefcase insert that will hold a full sized handgun plus a spare mag? I looked at the Maxpedition bags but those are not "business looking", I'm sure they are great bags and I'd love to have one but not for the office. I need something that works in a standard laptop briefcase. Something that will hold the gun centered and upright in the back slot of the internal separators.

Thanks.
    Making an insert for an existing case would be as straightforward as making most holsters. If you have an existing case, a holster insert could be made to fit. I would think something along the lines of a giant pocket holster with good grip access, as opposed to the gun flat against a panel. Probably sew velcro keepers on the outside to free float the insert in the separator.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

I don't know of any ready-made good quality briefcase inserts anymore. I remember Bruce Nelson did offer one decades ago.

I've had several custom made by the late Lou Alessi (for the Glock 30) and by Matt Del Fatti (for the 1911).

With both makers, I sent them the particular briefcase (e.g., open top legal type made by Schlesinger) so it could be "fitted" and properly positioned for use by a southpaw.

Dunno if Lou's heirs in the business would still do this, but I expect that Matt Del Fatti would.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I currently carry a Vanquest messenger bag and use a Crossbreed Ohai holster in my briefcase.

Andrews Custom Leather does a very nice day planner with a pistol compartment.

Something like this?

Yes something like that, some industrial Velcro and that would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by part-time shooter View Post
    Yes something like that, some industrial Velcro and that would be perfect.
    Velcro is not a problem either. I have made a ton of these for purse carry for the ladies.

User Tag List