Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9BPLE

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I'd have to hunt down a 39 to put them in, or a Star. Which sounds kind of fun.

If they still made them, I would run the 38s in my j frame.

Which .38s? The Nyclads?

Chuck inspired googling. They do make them, but it appears to be occasional. I will watch out for them.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Chuck inspired googling. They do make them, but it appears to be occasional. I will watch out for them.

I was going to say they brought that one back.

I will add I have no idea why it had such a cult following. I heard of dudes hoarding that stuff for like 20 years. IMHO a guy is better off with wadcutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I was going to say they brought that one back.

I will add I have no idea why it had such a cult following. I heard of dudes hoarding that stuff for like 20 years. IMHO a guy is better off with wadcutters.
    Federal use to make the Nyclad 158gr SWC HP.

I would like to see a full jacket 148 WC with a very sharp edge at around 700FPS out of a 4inch

Also a HST 147 +P along the lines of the old hyrda shok 147gr +P+

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Federal use to make the Nyclad 158gr SWC HP.

I would like to see a full jacket 148 WC with a very sharp edge at around 700FPS out of a 4inch

I have some of the Nyclad LSWCHP still, never expanded unless it was from a 4" gun in bare gel or water, not that I ever saw or heard of.

And yes, a copper clad, jacketed or even a hard cast wadcutter at like 700+ fps (I'd like to see that from a 2" though) would be great.

I threw the idea at some of the ATK guys I know of a combined tech bullet for the snubs, a 158gr (so it hits to sights) Nyclad updated so that the hollow point is formed like that of the HST. They appear to not be impressed with that idea at the factory though.

I threw the idea at some of the ATK guys I know of a combined tech bullet for the snubs, a 158gr (so it hits to sights) Nyclad updated so that the hollow point is formed like that of the HST.
    Fascinating...
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

This gets my tail wagging a bit. That 147 +P+ was always the slowest +P+ on the block, but it sure is accurate in the right revolver. A modern update could be a cool round.

And yes, a copper clad, jacketed or even a hard cast wadcutter at like 700+ fps (I'd like to see that from a 2" though) would be great.
    CH, what's your thoughts on the Buffalo Bore 150gr hard cast wadcutter in .38? Too fast? Just curious, as you've mentioned wadcutters before, IIRC.

I remember Nyclads being all the rage in the 80s. I even found some stuffed in a J-frame maybe two years ago. Personally, I'll just stick to wadcutters. I too would love to see a full-jacket 148WC with a sharp edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    CH, what's your thoughts on the Buffalo Bore 150gr hard cast wadcutter in .38? Too fast? Just curious, as you've mentioned wadcutters before, IIRC.
    I like that ammo. LOTS of penetration. The frontal edge seems a bit less sharp than I would like though.

How about a different thread about Nyclads? Its what is in my Bride's Cobra.

Meanwhile, back in the jungle, the original post had to with 9BPLE.

salty

User Tag List