Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FNH FNS9 Two Weeks and 2,265 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    5pins, IIRC pushing the trigger forward was just a way to replicate the issue, not the actual issue. I believe the actual issue would reveal its self during clearing malfunctions.

Shane
    That's correct in my experience, primarily during tap-rack procedures. From what I've read the issue has been resolved. During my short time with an FNS I really liked everything about it but the lockup issue ruined it for me. If the issue has been addressed I'd be tempted to get my hands on one again.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Thanks for the additional detail, it's very clear. Is it fair to say that while you're not riding it (exerting pressure downwards), you're on it (your thumb is where the safety would be if it were engaged), as opposed to below it?
    Yes for sure, it is pretty much below my strong thumb.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    That's correct in my experience, primarily during tap-rack procedures. From what I've read the issue has been resolved. During my short time with an FNS I really liked everything about it but the lockup issue ruined it for me. If the issue has been addressed I'd be tempted to get my hands on one again.
    I did hear about that issue and I am not exactly sure how you make it happen. I know I tried it on my gun by pulling the trigger and then pushing it back forward, it did not lock up the gun? So I don't know what to tell you?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I had an FNS and loved it, but the trigger locking problem encouraged me to sell it. I initially mentally discarded it, as well, but found it happening on a reload occasionally during one-handed drills (when the muzzle isn't pointing upward), where the force of insertion, combined with the little displacement of air, would push the trigger forward, prematurely auto advance the slide, and then lock the slide in the forward position with no round in the chamber. This wasn't an every time thing, it only happened to me twice in 5000 rounds. Still, it was unacceptable to me, and FN wasn't interested in fixing it, or even admitting it could happen, so I sold it with disclosure.

Outside of the problem, it was a fantastically accurate gun, with perfect ergos for my hands, a huge magwell for fast reloads, great trigger, grippy frame texture, and the best factory sights I've seen (front sight width to rear sight gap is a little high, could use a diet), all for roughly the price of a Glock.

If the issue is fixed, I'd consider one of the long slides, despite being a bit soured by FN customer service over the issue, simply because it was a great gun in all other senses.

There is no aftermarket, basically, but it's not a gun that needs a huge aftermarket because so many things are done correctly from the start, IMO.

Site Supporter
    From where are you guys sourcing FN parts? Directly?

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    5pins, IIRC pushing the trigger forward was just a way to replicate the issue, not the actual issue. I believe the actual issue would reveal its self during clearing malfunctions.

Shane
    OK, that makes sense then.

Quote Originally Posted by klewis View Post
    where the force of insertion, combined with the little displacement of air, would push the trigger forward, prematurely auto advance the slide, and then lock the slide in the forward position with no round in the chamber. .
    OK, now I am tracking on how it could happen. So on my gun, even if I make that happen, the slide still racks. I can feel a slight catch, more than likely where the striker has go jump back over the now forward sear, but it is no harder than the unlocking of the gun. So I have not seen that issue and I am guessing they have done something to address the issue.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    From where are you guys sourcing FN parts? Directly?
    What parts, I don't have any parts. I have the gun, three mags and a holster. I am using a P30 mag pouch

I saw that Dave Sevigny has Warren sights for them now on his website. Might have to pick some of those up?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Yes, if your slide racks in that condition, they have fixed it. When not fixed, you have to pull the trigger and wonder if the slide auto advanced with or without a round in the chamber. Hence, I sold it.

The Sevigny sights are great. Using a .105 front with a .150 rear. Really digging the sight picture.

User Tag List