Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: FNH FNS9 Two Weeks and 2,265 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    ...The only criticism I can make concerns the lack of a ledge on the rear sight, but Trijicon offers a replacement if that's a sticking point. I haven't yet decided if it is for me. One of the gigs on the pistol has been lack of aftermarket support. ...
    I think the aftermarket support will come, especially if the FNS gets adopted by a large agency or two. Don't forget that most companies in the industry are running at 110% just to keep up with the current demand so adding new products will probably take a little time.

I've had the chance to play with an FNS a little and I like it.
    Dave Berryhill

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/...s-sights/FN607

Not perfect by any means, but might be easier to make a good hook with. I have ordered there before (when I had my FNS in fact, for mags), and they're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yes, nicely done. Sounds like we agree on this for sure. I am looking into sights as well, that is my one big hang up right now. I need a rear sight with a hook, or at least I would like one. I have done one handed drills with it, but it would be much easier and I would have more options if the rear sight was hooked. I have even considered taking off the stock rear sight and just grinding it back to the dove tail so that it was flat
    Thanks. I've thought about doing the same thing. The Trijicon offering looks good to go, but the price is a bit steep.
    https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...FN102-C-600704

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Thanks. I've thought about doing the same thing. The Trijicon offering looks good to go, but the price is a bit steep.
    https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...FN102-C-600704
    Yeah, and a 6 week lead time?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, and a 6 week lead time?
    Must be made by elves living in a tree.

I bought sights from them twice in last year. Both times they were shipped in 3 days despite official lead time of 8 weeks. I call rather than use online ordering.

As someone with small hands (glove size 7C), how does the grip size (front-back) and trigger reach compare to, say, a Gen3 Glock and a Smith M&P?

Site Supporter
    Is there any way to tell if the trigger issue has been fixed on a particular gun?

Dates, serial numbers, visual, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sotex View Post
    As someone with small hands (glove size 7C), how does the grip size (front-back) and trigger reach compare to, say, a Gen3 Glock and a Smith M&P?
    I find the front to back reach to be a bit less than a Glock, with the flat back strap installed. I have large hands and use the arched back strap. The overall circumference of the grip seems a bit more narrow to me when compared to a M&P9. I'd say the trigger reach is comparable to the Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is there any way to tell if the trigger issue has been fixed on a particular gun?

Dates, serial numbers, visual, etc?
    You might try contacting FN to see if they can give you a cutoff date. Visually I don't know if there's a way to tell. When handling, try pulling the trigger, then push it forward and see if the slide locks up. If you're buying on line you can't do that, of course. Issues like this are why I don't buy guns on line. I'll willing pay a bit more to have the piece in hand before purchase.

User Tag List