Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Home Defense Long Guns Question

That's a good point. One area that a handgun might beat out a long gun is if you can't afford a weapon mounted light for your long gun (yet). A mounted weapon light is far better for home defense whether it's on a handgun or long arm but you have to know the right way to use that light.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    tcRenegade, it must be sad for you to go through life being so ignorant.
    I always take self-defense advice from the Vice President of the United States.

Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Tam - so you agree with Joe that AR's are too hard to shoot and aim for a woman? Haha - He is such a putz!!

As far as the shotgun wonder weapon, we had a three gun match this past weekend and watching a couple of new folk missing steel with birdshot at three gun distances and then running out of ammo and struggling with reloading always makes me laugh at the shotgun for beginners - ENUF SAID crowd.

Between shot recovery time - so slow. Now some folks really run the gun but it isn't an innate skill. Certainly not for me.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Tam - so you agree with Joe that AR's are too hard to shoot and aim for a woman?
    All those buttons and knobs and dials and levers and switches that have to be set just so are too complicated for my delicate ladybrain.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    All those buttons and knobs and dials and levers and switches that have to be set just so are too complicated for my delicate ladybrain.
    Well, yeah, everyone knows that all wimmin can't run nuthin other than a j-frame [/idiot]

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Heh. I've known folks who consider anything more complicated than a crossbar safety on a break-barrel shotgun to be outrageously baroque. I'm pretty sure that saying AR-15 to them invokes this sort of image in their mind:

Name:  Screenshot 2014-04-03 17.19.02.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  38.9 KB

http://www.amazon.com/Fezziwig%60s-A.../dp/B007ZICWTM

Apologies for contributing to epic thread drift.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

I have found women are better shooters much of the time, because they don't have as many wrongly learned things to correct. My wife outshoots most of the guys we shoot with. Most anyone can be a great shot (assuming no unusual physical problems) so long as recoil is not to high and the firearm is ergonomic for them.

Andrew Wiggin,
    I had a Surefire forend on my shotgun, and I thought it made the shotgun feel top-heavy, unbalanced and too heavy overall. Besides, I have a decent amount of light at night even inside my home, thanks to street lights and neighbor's security lights being positioned just right for me. The fiber optic front sight also helps a lot. I have chosen to NOT have a light on my shotgun for home defense.

User Tag List