Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIKINGS!!!!!! is back and it starts tomorrow night at 10pm....

VIKINGS!!!!!! is back and it starts tomorrow night at 10pm....

ENJOY!!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Can't wait! I am starting to read a legendary Viking book that a bunch of the Swedish military guys look at like "Gates of Fire". Pretty much will be on "Full Viking" mode for the next couple of months. Hopefully, I will also get some grooming ideas for the Viking/Pirate thing I am currently growing on my face.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Can't wait! I am starting to read a legendary Viking book that a bunch of the Swedish military guys look at like "Gates of Fire". Pretty much will be on "Full Viking" mode for the next couple of months. Hopefully, I will also get some grooming ideas for the Viking/Pirate thing I am currently growing on my face.
    Which book is that? One of the sagas?

10pm...EASTERN

My apologies :-P

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    My apologies :-P

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Its not like we east coasties are digesting our 5-guys burgers and posting spoilers while the westies are still waiting for their in-n-out orders to get filled... cause that would be wrong.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

First Post , sorry, but love the show & can't wait to dog in tonight.

For those looking for Viking reading the two easy marks are Beowulf, & Eaters of the Dead a Chrichton retelling.

Would also recommend Northlanders. They are graphic novels dealing around the rise of Christianity and the Norman invasions. Great storytelling.

Another I'd suggest is The Whale Road.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

"Eaters of the Dead" was quite good. For those who don't already know, it was the basis for the movie "The 13th Warrior". It was also apparently Crichton's rendition of the Beowulf saga.

As for Beowulf itself, I really like the Seamus Heaney translation. It's got each page with English and Old English side by side. My wife got a copy when she was taking a semester of Old English in college, and I figured I might as well read it. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Harm View Post
    First Post , sorry, but love the show & can't wait to dog in tonight.

For those looking for Viking reading the two easy marks are Beowulf, & Eaters of the Dead a Chrichton retelling.

Would also recommend Northlanders. They are graphic novels dealing around the rise of Christianity and the Norman invasions. Great storytelling.

Another I'd suggest is The Whale Road.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Its not like we east coasties are digesting our 5-guys burgers and posting spoilers while the westies are still waiting for their in-n-out orders to get filled... cause that would be wrong.
    We have 5-Guys here...no In-n-Out

User Tag List