Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Why So Serious?"

"Why So Serious?"

I came into a little cash the other day and have been contemplating my next handgun purchase for quite some time. Thoughts of HKs, SIGs, and M&Ps have been running through my head. Then it occurred to me, I'm probably not going to change what goes on my belt on a daily basis so why not buy something to enjoy. Hmmmm. So I've been drooling over a stainless CZ 75 for a day or two. Years ago when I was single, ammo was cheap and I had plenty of time on my hands I shot a 75 customized by a buddy for a whole summer. We would practice 2-3 days a week and shoot a match every weekend. In that time I really came to appreciate the CZ and from time to time miss it. Then, trolling through gunbroker last night it hit me. I came across a Smith and Wesson 645. Growing up during the 80's and long before Bruce Willis and Mel Gibson sold the crap out of Beretta 92s, Don Johnson put a lot of 645s in guys hands. I was one of them. It was big, clunky and primitive by S&W auto standards, but I loved it. I don't recall the trigger but mine was accurate to a fault. I have no use for another one other then I likey and one day I can tell my son he now owns a "Miami Vice" blaster. And of course it's going to cost me 150 smooth for a jackass rig. There are some things a guy (or gal) just has to have because...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    I came into a little cash the other day and have been contemplating my next handgun purchase for quite some time. Thoughts of HKs, SIGs, and M&Ps have been running through my head. Then it occurred to me, I'm probably not going to change what goes on my belt on a daily basis so why not buy something to enjoy. Hmmmm. So I've been drooling over a stainless CZ 75 for a day or two. Years ago when I was single, ammo was cheap and I had plenty of time on my hands I shot a 75 customized by a buddy for a whole summer. We would practice 2-3 days a week and shoot a match every weekend. In that time I really came to appreciate the CZ and from time to time miss it. Then, trolling through gunbroker last night it hit me. I came across a Smith and Wesson 645. Growing up during the 80's and long before Bruce Willis and Mel Gibson sold the crap out of Beretta 92s, Don Johnson put a lot of 645s in guys hands. I was one of them. It was big, clunky and primitive by S&W auto standards, but I loved it. I don't recall the trigger but mine was accurate to a fault. I have no use for another one other then I likey and one day I can tell my son he now owns a "Miami Vice" blaster. And of course it's going to cost me 150 smooth for a jackass rig. There are some things a guy (or gal) just has to have because...
    Rock on dude! Sometimes, "cause I want it, and I've got the cash" is all the reason you need. Just don't forget the white linen suit, or all is for naught!!!

You gonna get the white suit to go with it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    LOL!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    Just don't forget the white linen suit, or all is for naught!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Great minds think alike! Or just have the same image burned into them...

This thread is up to quality standards. Approved!

Where are the pics?

Oops. Came across a sweet 3913 and pulled the trigger. My all-time favorite carry piece. Got some stash left and payday is right around the corner so still going to pick up a 645. And then a CZ 75. Just losing the love for polymer guns and kydex. Tomorrow going to hunt down a few extra magazines and call Milt Sparks for a new iwb rig. Starting to get a smile back on my face.

Internet dap.

Lay 'em down and smack 'em yack 'em.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Oops. Came across a sweet 3913 and pulled the trigger. My all-time favorite carry piece. Got some stash left and payday is right around the corner so still going to pick up a 645. And then a CZ 75. Just losing the love for polymer guns and kydex. Tomorrow going to hunt down a few extra magazines and call Milt Sparks for a new iwb rig. Starting to get a smile back on my face.
    Wait a minute, you are going to "buy" leather. Don't you live in a place where large animals just fall from the sky? I would think someone around town could make a "West Virginia Vice" rig out of "Rain Deer" for you............. You could wear it in coverall's.........You wouldn't look good in a white linen suit, and a pastel t-shirt.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List