Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of new holsters.

A couple of new holsters.

I haven't posted these holster to my website yet. I probably will do this next week, once I have time to take more pics of several holsters. All of you great folks at the P-F have been great to me, so I wanted to post these here first.

Here is my newest model,the SSA, based on customer requests.
    This Strong Side Nelson#1/Avenger inspired holster has been modified to use two rigid belt
    tunnels and I have removed the extra web of leather under the trigger guard to reduce bulk. It is molded with an inward cant, to bring the grip of the pistol in close to the body.
    This particular holster pictured, has a 5 degree muzzle forward rake. It can also be made with
    neutral rake or FBI rake.
    The streamlined reinforcement, coupled with a proprietary hardening process, make the SSA a
    very durable holster. Now of course, everything being custom, I can make this holster with the more traditional web of leather for those who just feel the need for it.

Another new holster going into the line up. The SSM is a Minimalist Scabbard Holster. This
    front molded holster hugs tight to the body with it's flat back construction and molded belt
    tunnel. The SSM is a light weight holster that is made to stand up to use, with double
    stitching through out and molded with our proprietary hardening process. It comes in 25 and 15
    degree rakes.
    This is a good solid holster that just looks nice on the belt, yet is extremely functional.

This particular holster is smooth side in Horsehide with full American Alligator trim face(for me).

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Site Supporter
    Nice work.

Very nice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

The #1 is mine. I have used it now for class, its been carried extensively, and I just spent 15 hours in a car with it over the weekend driving to Rangemaster. I am VERY happy with it. The unusual shape of the bottom looked weird at first, but it actually fits right into the front pocket slot of my Duluth Work Pants and clears my folder. Great work and I am a happy camper with Jim's work. I also like the vintage look with a modern fit.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The #1 is mine. I have used it now for class, its been carried extensively, and I just spent 15 hours in a car with it over the weekend driving to Rangemaster. I am VERY happy with it. The unusual shape of the bottom looked weird at first, but it actually fits right into the front pocket slot of my Duluth Work Pants and clears my folder. Great work and I am a happy camper with Jim's work. I also like the vintage look with a modern fit.
    So you wear it at 2:30~3 o'clock?

Yep. Back of bottom of the holster is right at the hip. That is why I went with 5 degree muzzle forward cant.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Reminds me of a DOJ with a lot less bulk and no knuckle clearance issues.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Reminds me of a DOJ with a lot less bulk and no knuckle clearance issues.
    I wanted to make this holster as streamlined as possible, while keeping it very rigid.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

I am going to need an SSA. The forward cant on my AIWB-CDA II is great. Great work Jim.

Name:  rig small.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  94.0 KB

I got a rig built around the SSA with a 5 degree muzzle rearward rake; primarily for range use with 5" 1911s, but if I need a barbeque rig it's pretty enough. Very pleased -- carries beautifully under a blazer at 3:00, the muzzle right on the seam of my jeans. Tucks the grip extremely well. Good retention, with minimal break-in (though my springfield might be a bit tighter). The double mag pouch sits very flat. Jim's belts are excellent. Now I just need to wear it enough to get it to stop creaking like the Lost Dutchman...

User Tag List