Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best available sights for P30 at 25yd?

Best available sights for P30 at 25yd?

I'm looking for something better than the factory sights on my new HK P30. In particular I'd like something which works better than stock sights at 15-25yd ranges, plus has tritium in at least the front sight. Fiber optic may be OK as a substitute for tritium.

The Trijicon HDs have been cited as being good for close range, but not so much for distance work. I have good accuracy with the stock sights at 0-10yd so those don't seem like a sufficient step up.

The Dawson Precision sights have been mentioned as a good choice.

One inexpensive options I'm considering is to try milling out the notch on the rear sight to get more light on either side of the front post. Cheap/quick to replace at $30 if that doesn't work out.

Recommendations from the PF Hive Mind, please?
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

For ME, I have found the 10-8 rear paired with a Dawson Tritium to be ideal. I have used the craptastic stock sights, Meprolights, Trijicon HD, and Heinie Straight Eight Qwiks (2nd choice). The 10-8/DPT hits to POA at 25yds and about 2" high at 50 with my load. It is accurate and fast for me. I have never shot any other gun combo as well as I do with this setup. But, who is to say something else would not yield better results.

ETA: If you decide to go with Heinie, I have a set I can send you.
    Taking a break from social media.

I also use the 10-8 rear Dawson front tritium combo as well and it is my favorite set up.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

When I shot P30s mine were set up just like Nyeti's.

I love it when the recommendations converge on a consensus choice this quickly. Thanks, gang!
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/

Thanks Trevor, now I may have to dump my HDs and I was just getting used to them, but they do suck a bit at 15-25 yds.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

1+ for the 10-8 rear coupled with Dawson tritium front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Folks who have the 10-8/DT: how do you like them at speed for under 10 yds?

Ordered the 10-8/Dawson combo from the respective websites using my pocket supercomputer while I was waiting to pick up creatures from gymnastics. In stock at both stores, score!

BaiHu, you might try just swapping the front sight for the narrower (0.125") Dawson sight first. The lack of sufficient visible gap on either side of the front blade was definitely causing some of my issues.

Nice thought. Thanks. Height choice nyeti and the rest of you?

Last edited by BaiHu; 02-24-2014 at 09:22 PM.

User Tag List