Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Democrats at it again, Backroom deal in place for a 10 Round Magazine limit.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That's because it's ludicrous.
    So is the administration's position on Benghazi and Fast & Furious. That didnt stop the press from reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    QFT.

I'm off to primary vote at lunchtime today.
    I'll take some solace in voting for Abbott and Patterson (and NOT Cornyn)
    Ditto that and a funny yet sad way to put it....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I don't think Christie should be worried about his Nomination, cause there's no way he will ever sit in the WH. He's worse than McCain...I would rather vote for Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    I would rather vote for Hillary.
    For the record I would never pull the lever for that person. As much as I think voting for the 3rd party is a waste of a vote in todays climate, I'd rather waste my vote. She'd still win unfortunately but maybe someone will start getting the message, unlikely but maybe.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Ok I found what is purported to be the actual changes in the transportation language. It does contain language for meal breaks.
    http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2014/Bi...000/989_I1.PDF

I still don't support the agreement since we will have to divest ourselves of our currently lawfully owned property and puts the gun owner at a disadvantage in a self defense situation. And for what; them giving us what we already had. The transportation language is only a clarification of intent of the law.

From the Bill:

"SYNOPSIS
    Clarifies definition of reasonably necessary deviation when legally
    transporting firearm or weapon in motor vehicle."

ETA: Also there is no guarantee that Christy won't sign the magazine limit bill and veto the transportation bill. The only way to ensure that won't happen is if they go to his desk as one bill.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    I don't think Christie should be worried about his Nomination, cause there's no way he will ever sit in the WH. He's worse than McCain...I would rather vote for Hillary.
    I'd vote for Satan himself before Hillary if they weren't the same entity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I'm with you on that...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Doubtful. I don't think Satan's ever lied to me.

Can't say the same for the Hillary.

Latest news on this front is that despite what I have been told was overwhelming testimony against these measures, the state assembly has passed both these bills. The state senate is expected to follow suit shortly. http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...magazines.html I see no Grandfather clause (not that I expected there to be given NJ's history to outright ban) and you have 3 months to get rid of the magazines you own from the time the bill is enacted.

BTW I shoot with the 9 year old at some of the matches I attend. To date I have only seen her shoot a Walther 22. http://www.nepaidpascores.net/sjidpa/2013-09-14.htm When I last saw her, her dad was talking about purchasing a 9mm for her. For a nine year old she is quite impressive in her attitude, demeanor and dedication.

The lone bright spot in all this was reasonable necessary stops to and from the range or hunting field clarification. Unfortunately the version that is being trotted out now leaves out stops for food making it a non starter in my book. http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2014/Bi...00/2777_I1.HTM Look for the section that is underlined in the body of the text for the new wording or go directly to the bottom of the page to the Statement section.

Call and write your state senators and cross your fingers.

At this time I'm afraid the senate will pass these bills as well and send them to Christie's desk. I own opinion is that he will look to CO and veto the magazine ban and sign the transportation bill. HE will tout how the new transportation wording is good for gun owners and that he vetoed the mag limit bill.
    Scott

Sadly you are probably right on all accounts. Emails, letters and phone calls have done nothing, but I'm going back to it tomorrow anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List