Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Pictures.

An old used 9mm P226 I picked up in the Peoples Republic of California many years ago. This Sig was neutered when I bought it, 10 rd cap, but my first week in Colorado I mail ordered a few 18 rd mags for it and added the rubber grips.

One of mine

I always like the way Sig's looked.

Back in January '13 I found these at a local gun shop. P220's for $500 each.

The kicker

IIRC the top was made in '92 or '93 and the bottom was from '95. I put new springs in the bottom gun and a a set of slim grips (which required a new MSA) and sold it. Kept the older gun which has good nights sights and ordered all new springs for it and a set of slim grips. Well I didn't know what I was getting into and found out the hard way that the old spur hammers don't work with the newer hammer struts. Ended up being a good excuse to put an SRT kit in. Still have all the old parts, just in case.

I know I'm not the only one that has trouble keeping my thumb away from the slide stop. So this happened.

Huge improvement, still bumped it a couple times but now it's avoidable. Gonna contour it a bit more but I'm glad I did it.

I tried my hand at a VCD-ish stipple pattern on the E2 grips. They're definitely grippy.

Looks good!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Thanks. I tried very hard to color within the lines.

I've stippled a lot of things. It's easier than one would think.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    I tried my hand at a VCD-ish stipple pattern on the E2 grips. They're definitely grippy.

How are you liking the E2's ?

I tried some on my 226 Texas edition and while they felt good, my performance suffered with them.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I tried some on my 226 Texas edition and while they felt good, my performance suffered with them.
    Overall, I think they're a better feel than the OEM grip but the E2s were put on shortly after I got the gun so I can't speak to performance increase/decrease over the long term. I do wish that the curved area right below the beavertail wasn't as pronounced -- while I have smaller hands, it feels like there's a bit of a gap there unless my grip is just right. I did try some Hogue G10 grips on a friend's gun that felt great, and have considered moving to them.

Of the SIG grips I've tried, my favorites are actually those on my friend's TacOps. I'd really like to get a set like the Ballistic Radio guy had for his Salient Arms MK-25 test, where they turned them into a more CCW-friendly magwell. I'm not creative enough to figure out how to do that job myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I know you're asking someone else but this past year I've been shooting more SIGs than anything else. The E2 grips on my 226 felt "great in the hand" but during shooting I just couldn't perform very well with them. Didn't even need a timer, I just felt like the gun was slipping away from me during recoil. I don't have very big hands but I feel the E2 is just didn't work for me. Put Hogue G10s on it a couple weeks ago, which seem to have improved pretty much everything about the gun.

User Tag List