Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Pictures.

My Talo Classic Carry 226, with Grayguns full action job, and hammer/sear kit.

Name:  5EAA59BA-515B-4101-8B2A-97B65E5B23B1.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  44.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Is there a reason you cross the belt loops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keeps the holster from moving as much and lowers the profile of the PTD loops.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    Why are you eager to put the G19 away and get back into a heavier, DA/SA gun? I am not asking to be snarky. I carried a P229 for twenty years and I was almost giddy when I could get into something lighter, essentially the same size, carried more rounds and was far easier to shoot well. I am curious as to your reasoning.
    No one can deny the G19 beats the P229 in regards to weight, size, and clean lines for carry (the fact Glocks are factory dehorned is nice).

But for me, there are items I prefer about the P229; with G10 or the classic carry grips(as pictured) the grip and trigger reach are better for my hand size. I've found I prefer a DA/SA trigger over SAO & striker. I like that my Sig mags positively eject everytime, no trying to fumble with a partially ejected mag when I already have a fresh one in my hand. I prefer the grip angle of the Sig; might just be because I've spent so much time behind them, I find it easier to naturally index and track the sights, especially the RMR. All in all, it may be bigger & heavier but it works better for me.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    P365
    Subcomp w/ XComp module
    XCarry top end / M17 bottom (duty weapon)
    M17 top end / XCarry bottom (nightstand weapon)
    .45 Full-size

Name:  AEDB82B1-79CB-414C-9A94-841A41A1BC91.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  86.2 KB

Some guns just demand leather...

Been a while, dusted this one off today. First round was way high (though these were combat hold sights but I guess not with 115gr.) and another you can see behind the trigger guard. Other than that it was like hanging out with an old friend.

Name:  57AB0182-A86A-4789-85B7-F906BABC35F1.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  35.5 KB

My sweaty old 1982 P6, which I just got back from my father.
    I had "loaned" it to him years ago and pretty much forgot about it Name:  20200404_144441.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  59.5 KB

Name:  20200404_144324.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  70.4 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

@CSW
    The largest user of the P6 was the police of the German federal state "Nordrhein-Westfalen", where I live ("North Rhine-Westphalia" in English, 42000 police officers). I strongly suppose, this is what the "NW" on the slide stands for and it was a former police pistol from here.

Very nice piece. If it was mine, I would only replace the hammer spring with the lighter one from the P225 in order to reduce the DA trigger weight. (I've read, the DA trigger pull of the P6 is heavier than the P225's. I suppose, the difference is the hammer spring.)

This picture shows a P6 and the former uniform jacket:

PS:
    According to the following website, the difference is in deed the hammer spring:
    realgunreviews.com/sig-sauer-p6-west-german-bargain-now:
    The most noticeable difference between the SIG P6 and P225, at least for your trigger finger, is the P6’s heavy 24 lb mainspring (item #33 in the parts diagram below) [...] On the P225, SIG used the same standard 18-19 lb mainspring that it used in the P220, P226, P228, and much later the P229. Those extra pounds of trigger resistance on the P6 helped ensure that if a West German cop wanted to pull the trigger…. he really had to want to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by P30; 04-17-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    @CSW
    The largest user of the P6 was the police of the German federal state "Nordrhein-Westfalen", where I live ("North Rhine-Westphalia" in English, 42000 police officers). I strongly suppose, this is what the "NW" on the slide stands for and it was a former police pistol from here.

Very nice piece. If it was mine, I would only replace the hammer spring with the lighter one from the P225 in order to reduce the DA trigger weight. (I've read, the DA trigger pull of the P6 is heavier than the P225's. I suppose, the difference is the hammer spring.)

This picture shows a P6 and the former uniform jacket:

PS:
    According to the following website, the difference is in deed the hammer spring:
    realgunreviews.com/sig-sauer-p6-west-german-bargain-now:
    I have just done this.
    An 17lb hammer spring, new recoil spring and firing pin spring.
    I also changed all three of the magazines to new springs..... It was amazing to see just how badly the mag springs were compressed.

Looking for sights, possibly just some fiber optics, but I really have to shoot it since the springs.

Thanks for the info.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

P320 RX with some upgrades

Love shooting this Sig

- P320 RX
    - Added Streamlight TLR-8AG
    - Swapped takedown lever for a gas pedal one. This aligns perfectly to my left thumb.
    - Swapped OEM full grip for a Wilson Combat Carry grip. Very nice texture and feel

Name:  sigtalk.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  51.0 KB

User Tag List