Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JR Custom AIWB feedback

JR Custom AIWB feedback

Guys, I need some reviews from those of you who have this holster. I have a JM custom Kydex AIWB holster that I'm very happy with. But I'd really like to try out something in leather. My current holster just BARELY tucks the grip of my P30 in enough to carry with a tshirt.

Is it safe to say a JR leather holster is capable of tucking the grip at least as much as my current holster, or am I setting myself up for a disappointment?

I am very happy with both my AIWB-CDA and AIWB-CDA II for my Glock 19.

Did you get the extra tuck version of the JMC AIWB? Can you provide a pic since it will fit differently on everyone, plus the P30 is probably one of the tougher guns to conceal.

I have an older version that I like a lot.
    #RESIST

I did get the extra tuck. I'm 5'9" and 185 pounds, so I know concealing a P30 is pushing it to begin with. And I'm happy with the job my JM holster is doing, but it adds a lot of thickness at the belt line, and the grip just barely tucks in enough to hide it. I'll see if I can snap some pictures when I get home.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    I did get the extra tuck. I'm 5'9" and 185 pounds, so I know concealing a P30 is pushing it to begin with.
    With the right holster, I don't think it's pushing it.

I'm shorter and lighter and I can conceal a P30/Glock17/Sig 226 without difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I am very happy with both my AIWB-CDA and AIWB-CDA II for my Glock 19.

This is helpful to me too; also about to get the JRC aiwb-cda ii. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    I did get the extra tuck. I'm 5'9" and 185 pounds, so I know concealing a P30 is pushing it to begin with. And I'm happy with the job my JM holster is doing, but it adds a lot of thickness at the belt line, and the grip just barely tucks in enough to hide it. I'll see if I can snap some pictures when I get home.
    I'd be interested in seeing this too, if you find the time.
    Last edited by P/V; 02-21-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Site Supporter
    I've used and really like the old version. This looks better. I'll be ordering one at some point.

Site Supporter
    I have one that I never use, for a P2000SK.
    I find it too thick.

Beautifully crafted. Worn twice. Collecting dust.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I have one that I never use, for a P2000SK.
    I find it too thick.

Beautifully crafted. Worn twice. Collecting dust.
    The original version or the newest version? The newer version has an ingenious method of keeping the mouth open but not contributing to the thickness by riding above the belt. I had one for a full size 1911. It was absolutely comfortable, adjustable and would hide the 1911 under a tucked t shirt.

User Tag List