Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thin, comfortable belt for use with appendix holsters

If your wife wants to try the Volund let me know, I have a spare for my wife, and I'll send it over to you for a test run.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    When my wife carries a smaller handgun under thin clothes, her belt often prints, as much or more than the gun, even when offsetting the buckle from center. At my suggestion, she tried a velcro inner belt, like you might use under a "game" or duty rig. She felt like it reduced printing a lot.

My issue, is at times, my Wilderness and Tactical Talon rigger's style belt at times digs into my back causing pain. I recently wore my appendix holster on the way to a match on my inner belt, and thought "that is darn comfortable." Just came in from a hike wearing my CZ and a spare mag on the velcro inner belt, and felt it both supported the pistol well and was comfortable.

Could be worth a try.
    I use my CR speed inner belt all the time... no buckles, just enough "give", tightens well enough.

Ok... So I can't use it as a harness if I'm falling off a building... I can live with that...

I use the Volund belt mostly. I just received my Ageis belt (Ares Gear) but prefer the Volund for AIWB carry.

I have multiple copies of the Volund, but unless I am missing something, it doesn't work well when offsetting the closure as I normally do with a buckle?

Les, wearing the inner belt speeds up kitting with the game belt?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My Atlas belt hook/closure rides above my right pocket.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have multiple copies of the Volund, but unless I am missing something, it doesn't work well when offsetting the closure as I normally do with a buckle?

Les, wearing the inner belt speeds up kitting with the game belt?

I gotta dry fire - makes it that much quicker!

Which buckle are you guys running on the Volund? My Wilderness buckle has been causing some discomfort when wore at 2-3:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Which buckle are you guys running on the Volund? My Wilderness buckle has been causing some discomfort when wore at 2-3:00.
    I use the G-hook. I personally HATE the Cobra buckles. If you like the Cobra buckle I think the improvements made to the nylon adapted ranger belt by Volund to be better.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I use the G-hook. I personally HATE the Cobra buckles. If you like the Cobra buckle I think the improvements made to the nylon adapted ranger belt by Volund to be better.
    The G hook is very low profile, that too is why I like the Volund the best.

For the last year or two, this is the belt I wear most often:

http://www.talontactical.com/cobra-b...lt-p-1125.html
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List