Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What pocket holsters is everyone using for their J-Frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I've had the same Uncle Mike's for probably a dozen years now, first with the 442 and now the 432. I promised myself a Nemesis once it starts to fall apart...
    I hope you got big pockets…

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I hope you got big pockets…

Yeah, unfortunately there's no Nemesis equivalent to Uncle Mike's "Size 3" which, although meant for 380s, has always worked well for me in keeping a J-frame oriented in fairly tall and narrow outside breast pockets on winter coats.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Uncle Mike's "Size 3"... always worked well...
    Yup. I've worn out a couple of those. I'm now sold on the RKBA leather example for my J's, but I still have my last #3. An Iver Johnson TP-22 lives in it these days, in the safe.

Contacted RKBA and he's going to start building them for everyone's favorite pistol the Glock 42. Just in case you were looking for one for a 42. It fits in a Mikes size 3 very well too.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I too after many years of mixing and matching now use the Nemesis as my primary "J" pocket holster. I also still have the Uncle Mikes #3 and #4 in the holster box as spares but found it too easy to stay with the nemesis for everything but the Kahr PM9.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I always heard rave reviews about MIKA but the one example I had was loose as a goose and very bulky. It felt like I had a pillow wrapped around the gun. It was culled with prejudice.

I use a TT Gunleather pocket holster for my LCP. I designed it and Tim made it. I love it but that doesn't help you with a J-frame.

I used to have a PCS but can't remember which model. It was well made and I'd consider one again if I had the need.

Other than that I'd go with a nemesis. I find them a tad bulky as well but for the money and ready availability given my rare pocket carry needs you can't really beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've owned many holsters from Tim and Occidental, in fact he made me this one off M&P 9c Pocket holster. But man it was chunky lol. I was warned that Pocket Carry of a gun that sized might be a bit of a stretch, but I had to find out myself.

And for now I found a rebranded Remora pocket holster locally after cruising the local shops, and it looks similar to the Nemesis.
    It works well, if I wear it out I'll get the Nemesis.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 02-21-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FotoTomas View Post
    I too after many years of mixing and matching now use the Nemesis as my primary "J" pocket holster. I also still have the Uncle Mikes #3 and #4 in the holster box as spares but found it too easy to stay with the nemesis for everything but the Kahr PM9.
    I use a DeSantis Superfly with my PM9, but I don't use the flap because I find it too bulky.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Either a Safariland pocket holster or a Nemesis.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    DeSantis Nemesis.
    I've tried them all from high dollar horsehide to cheap nylon, the cheap Nemesis is hard to beat.
    Amen

I have found after a couple of years the Nemesis will mold to the gun enough, and lose enough of the sticky, that the holster will start pulling out attached to the gun. A friend of mine just had that happen to him with his 640

User Tag List