Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What pocket holsters is everyone using for their J-Frame?

An Uncle Mike's with a bit of cardboard to break up the outline.

LCR and SL variant speed loader in Tuff holster pocket too. It is thinner than a nemesis and breaks IP the outline just as good.

I use an Uncle Mike's with my LCR in .38 special. No CT grips.

Simply Rugged pocket protector.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Uncle Mikes #4, if I remember they recommend a #3 but the 4 works better. I also have a Rosen and an Andrews but the #4 UM does not get stuck on the pistol and is less bulky.

What pocket holsters is everyone using for their J-Frame?

I always heard rave reviews about MIKA but the one example I had was loose as a goose and very bulky. It felt like I had a pillow wrapped around the gun. It was culled with prejudice.

I use a TT Gunleather pocket holster for my LCP. I designed it and Tim made it. I love it but that doesn't help you with a J-frame.

I used to have a PCS but can't remember which model. It was well made and I'd consider one again if I had the need.

Other than that I'd go with a nemesis. I find them a tad bulky as well but for the money and ready availability given my rare pocket carry needs you can't really beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Scott at RKBA Holsters:

http://rkbaholsters.com/pocketcarry.html

They are very well made, and I have both a LH and RH model.
    This maker.

After many years and many different makers, I've settled on this one. If you ask, he will make your holster from a single layer of leather, which makes for an incredibly thin, yet stable, pocket holster. Surprisingly, this holds up quite well. I have since shifted to off-side pocket carry, but the strong-side, single-layer pocket holster he made for me some years ago, and was carried every day for a five year period, is still quite serviceable.

Probably the "nicest" of the ones I kept is a Kramer; a bit bulky, but solid as a rock.

The UM #3 actually works like a champ, but wears out in fairly short order. It also has the most potential for moving around in the pocket, depending upon your pocket, etc.

I was rather underwhelmed with the Nemesis. It is as bulky (i.e., thick) as the Kramer, yet doesn't fit in the pocket as well. In fact, it felt like I was carrying a half-dozen wadded-up handkerchiefs in that pocket. However, I kept it because it does have a purpose for me; I use it to "protect" a G19 when I throw same into the glove box for my wife when she is out and about with me.

Not surprisingly, pocket holsters are every bit as involved and personal as a belt holster. You need to try a variety before settling on one.

Uncle Mike's for me too.
    I have a Mika for a K-frame that I use as a coat pocket holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrauos View Post

LCR and SL variant speed loader in Tuff holster pocket too. It is thinner than a nemesis and breaks IP the outline just as good.
    That is a really neat design with the speed loader pouch.

User Tag List