Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What pocket holsters is everyone using for their J-Frame?

It's supposed to be a strip pouch, I didn't know a J frame loader would fit.

They used to sell the holster as a kit with the strip; http://www.tuffproducts.com/Pocket_R...p/5077-tta.htm

I've used a Kramer Pocket Holster for longer than I can remember, probably 20 years on the original. The kydex shell look just like a wallet to anyone looking closely. The hook on top keeps the holster in the pocket during the draw, and also provides a shelf for your thumb to push against, helping the draw process. I've used the Mika also and it was OK, but I much prefer the Kramer.

Ken

http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=28

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    It's supposed to be a strip pouch, I didn't know a J frame loader would fit.

They used to sell the holster as a kit with the strip; http://www.tuffproducts.com/Pocket_R...p/5077-tta.htm
    It is a size 10. I had pull one stich out for the SL variant to fit. I'm sure a hks would fit if two stitches are pulled. For 20 bucks its really a great pocket holster.

Site Supporter
    I use an uncle mikes #3 with a piece of kleenex box velcro-taped to the outside of it to break up the outline. It works pretty well for me.
    I also have a galco one for larger pockets, but I don't use it much.
    For me, the hardest part about pocket carry is finding pants that both fit well and have front pockets that are big enough.

I've used a Mika and am currently using an Uncle Mike. When it wears out I will probably go with the Nemesis based on how it has worked out as a pocket holster for my Beretta Mdl 21.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    This maker.

After many years and many different makers, I've settled on this one. If you ask, he will make your holster from a single layer of leather, which makes for an incredibly thin, yet stable, pocket holster. Surprisingly, this holds up quite well. I have since shifted to off-side pocket carry, but the strong-side, single-layer pocket holster he made for me some years ago, and was carried every day for a five year period, is still quite serviceable.

Indeed. I think I bought my first RH RKBA holster about 7 or 8 years ago? I don't remember him having a website, we traded emails. It still works, and looks fine after all that time.

I've had LH one for about 2-3 years, I think. I've always ordered the smooth leather interior with a rough-side out.

They are definitely smaller than the Nemesis, and it's a lot easier to deploy, frankly. I was on the range this morning with some people from P-F.com, and I like how it's less conspicuous than the Nemesis as well.

I think Steve will do horsehide if you ask. But I've never worried about it, since I have not worn out one of his holsters. The Mika lasted me about 4 years.

I have a J-frame Nemesis, it's probably in a box or drawer someplace.

Another vote for RKBA. I have the ambi version, fit is excellent. Steve is great to work with, quality is excellent and fairly fast turn-around. Highly recommended. I used to run kydex pocket holsters, but there is just something about leather. Once they break in, they are excellent.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    But I've never worried about it, since I have not worn out one of his holsters.
    Yup. When I ordered a new one a few months back, I sent him photos of the original he had made for me. Worn, sweat-stained, rough around the edges… but still eminently serviceable. He expressed amazement at how well it had held up. IOW, every bit as well as the Kramer that cost three times as much. I bought my Kramer the same time LSP552 bought his. While I probably haven't worn mine as much as he has his, due to my search for something a bit less bulky, I did use it when off-duty for quite some time. I still have it, and would not hesitate to use it.

But the RKBA offering is just more… compact? Less bulk in the pocket. I have allowed several big Nemesis fans to try my RKBA example. The expression on their faces when they realize viva'la'difference is… interesting.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I've had the same Uncle Mike's for probably a dozen years now, first with the 442 and now the 432. I promised myself a Nemesis once it starts to fall apart...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I ran a cheapo Uncle Mike's for a few years, then got a Tuff Roo and never looked back. Great holster. I may look into adding a speedloader instead of the speed strip that currently rides there.

User Tag List