Thread: Glock Trigger Bar Question

Glock Trigger Bar Question

I asked this on the 42 thread but haven't gotten an answer. How much clearance should there be between the frame and trigger bar? My 42 has a sluggish trigger and the only thing I can find that might be causing the issue is the trigger bar rubbing against the frame. A piece of paper will go between the two if I force it.

Would this cause the issue? How do I diagnose it for sure and more importantly how do I fix it? Should I send it back to Glock?

Thanks in advance.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

There's no clearance specified. After reading your post, I checked my G17 and found that its very close and may even touch when manipulating the trigger. IMO this wouldn't cause an issue with the trigger though. There are a couple of things that contribute to the glock's trigger feel: The connector being #1, the trigger spring #2, the firing pin spring #3, the trigger mech housing #4 (the piece of plastic that the trigger mech rests in) and lastly #5 the firing pin safety. Those are all of the things that the trigger bar engages as the trigger is manipulated. It's most likely that it's just the normal feel of the trigger.

That said, I've never seen the G42, but looking at some pics off the web it looks like it follows the same design.

Disassemble the frame and put some grease on the connector. Plenty of Youtube tutorials on doing this. Very easy. The connector/trigger bar juncture on the Glock is one area that benefits greatly from an application of grease. White lithium grease, TW-25B, Hoppe's Gun Grease, Super Lube grease - any basic grease will do.

Glock's don't require as much lubricant as some other pistols, but they do need to be lubed - especially the connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Disassemble the frame and put some grease on the connector. Plenty of Youtube tutorials on doing this. Very easy. The connector/trigger bar juncture on the Glock is one area that benefits greatly from an application of grease. White lithium grease, TW-25B, Hoppe's Gun Grease, Super Lube grease - any basic grease will do.

Glock's don't require as much lubricant as some other pistols, but they do need to be lubed - especially the connector.
    Thanks and I'll give this a try. Only 100 rounds through it so far and the trigger reset may have improved a little but still pretty sluggish.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List