Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th. Circuit: California "May Issue" is Unconstitutional

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Can't wait to file my CCW application with my county sheriff's office
    Forgive my ignorance, when should I get in line behind you and file too?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    I imagine it will play out very similar to how it did in Illinois almost a year ago. They are just now getting CCW permits issued. Of course for those in "free counties" it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post

I'd follow The Calguns Foundation's recommendation.

IRS audit for the majority in 3....2.....1

It appears that (unsurprisingly) San Diego has requested en banc review of the decision, and as a result the ruling will be on hold until this takes place.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ng-5232386.php

At this point I'm not sure whether it's better to get an application in the pipeline now, to establish my place in line despite a near-certainty that I will be denied under policies which basically mirror those in San Diego... or to wait until ACSO is forced to revise their procedure and eliminate their 2A-violating "show good/exceptional cause" policy.

https://www.alamedacountysheriff.org/admin_ia_ccw.php
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Great news for CA residents. I'd really like to get a non-resident permit.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    "...and hear the lamentations of their women."

(Although I checked the web pages of Feinstein, Boxer, and McCarthy, and the anguished denunciatio... er, "concerned press releases" haven't started yet.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Hate to be a party pooper.............how are things going for lawful gun owners in Washington DC and Chicago who both "lost" big ones. Might want to hold off on ordering up all your new CCW gear.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Hate to be a party pooper.............how are things going for lawful gun owners in Washington DC and Chicago who both "lost" big ones. Might want to hold off on ordering up all your new CCW gear.
    Chicago now has shall-issue, and there are thousands of new handgun owners in D.C., so, pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Great news for CA residents. I'd really like to get a non-resident permit.
    Hell I'd be happy for now if mine was still valid until the end of the year.
    Traveling back and forth from CA to NV was like this for me;

CA resident no carry

CA resident with Utah CCW that came in handy for Nevada and 30 other states. So I'd pull over after stateline and load up on my person. Reverse when going home.

CA resident with CA CCW and Utah CCW, Nevada doesn’t except Utah's license anymore so I'd get to stateline and make sure my carry gun is exposed or not on me going into Nevada.

Now I'm a Nevada resident with a Nevada CCW and my CA CCW which would expire at the end of the year was invalid once I moved out of state.

So now I can't carry at all when I travel back to California grrr.

User Tag List