Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta Brigadier Elite

That's a sweet pistol. Nice purchase!
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Name:  Elite.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  97.2 KB

I've had a 9mm Elite for many years. My one regret is not having Mr. Langdon rework the trigger on that gun as he did on my 92FS. The primary attractive feature on the Elite, for me anyway, was the G model decocker. IIRC, at the time (and Todd can correct me if I'm wrong here) it was the only 92 on the commercial market you could get with the G arrangement. I had always found that the safety on the 92FS would jump up and bite you when you tried to do immediate action drills and the like, especially on the clock. It was my biggest gripe with the 92 series pistol. (Well, that and the trigger return spring's fragility)

The DA trigger on my Elite is sub-optimal with pronounced stacking at the 1/2 way mark in the trigger pull. It's exceptionally reliable, though. The Beretta 92 is the one semi-automatic pistol I've never experienced a malfunction with on the range. No double-feeds, no stovepipes, no failures to extract. I broke trigger springs (until discovering the Wolff TCU) and a couple of firing pins from dryfire, but I never experienced a malfunction with the weapon itself or with the old magazines that had aluminum followers.

The 92 is an underrated pistol, IMO. It's a hell of a lot more gun than most realize.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 06-18-2011 at 07:23 PM.

User Tag List