Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Apex Glock extractor the fix for BTF in Gen3 & 4 Glock 9mm's?

My G17 has the 30274 ejector, so I'm hoping i will be GTG after installing the Apex FRE.

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    My G17 has the 30274 ejector, so I'm hoping i will be GTG after installing the Apex FRE.

Most likely it will from my experience and from monitoring multiple forums for months.

My personal observation of my faulty guns was lack of extractor tension. You could feel a huge difference in tension just with your finger between the newer guns and the older guns. The apex extractor can certainly fix that but you might have to try a mixture of things. One of my guns had the btf issues fixed but would still stove pipe on rare occasion. I added a hred to the apex extractor and the tension felt very similar to my gen 2 g17. The apex part also has the ability to adjust the tension via a file but I have not tried that yet.

Site Supporter
    Sorry for the thread necro... but I had to vent.

After approximately 500 trouble-free rounds, my new-ish Gen3 34 recently started ejecting erratically. Initially, I noticed that some of the brass was just sort of dribbling out of the ejection port, some was ejecting somewhat normally and some was arcing lazily in my direction (but not hitting me in the face). By the end of my range session, one third of the brass was hitting me in the face. Needless to say, I am not thrilled.

Prior to my last range session, I was aware of (but not keeping close tabs on) the Glock BTF issues. I just wanted to run a couple of things by you guys before I start ordering parts:

- In addition to the FRE, Apex mentions the need for the 30274 ejector and the SP01176 spring loaded bearing. Is there any way to ID the spring loaded bearing in my pistol? Ordinarily, I'd just buy one, but my vendors are all out of stock.

- Additionally, I can't find a source for the 30274 ejector. Is there a part number out there for the trigger housing with the 30274 ejector installed already?

Thanks in advance.

Site Supporter
    30274 is the Gen4 9mm ejector. A trigger housing for that will have it. You would need to swap the ejector into your trigger housing. SLB in stock http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...OD=382&CAT=175

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post

- In addition to the FRE, Apex mentions the need for the SP01176 spring loaded bearing. Is there any way to ID the spring loaded bearing in my pistol?
    Any Glock with an LCI will have the newer spring loaded bearing. The SP01176 is the Gen 2, or pre-LCI SLB.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the prompt replies guys. I've got a Gen4 Trigger Housing and an SLB inbound. We'll see if the 30274 cures the BTF issues before I have to drop sixty bucks on an Apex FRE.

I suppose I shouldn't be too upset; I got a smokin' deal on the 34. $420, LNIB with Ameriglo Hacks installed. I'm beginning to think that there might have been a reason it was so cheap...

Let us know how it works. I've reached the point where I just assume the FRE is a required part (like the Vicker's magazine release) on any new 9mm Glock. It sucks, but, seriously, it's not that expensive a "fix" for the benefits the Glock platform offers.

I installed the upgraded Glock parts in several dozen of the early Gen 4 Glocks and they never needed any aftermarket parts.

The APEX extractor and White Sound HRED unit fixed my BTF issues. My pistol already had the new ejector.
    #RESIST

User Tag List