Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Apex Glock extractor the fix for BTF in Gen3 & 4 Glock 9mm's?

Is the Apex Glock extractor the fix for BTF in Gen3 & 4 Glock 9mm's?

I have a recently manufactured G17 Gen4 that has started to bop me in the head and face with brass. I am thinking of getting the Apex extractor to hopefully solve the problem. Has this been the fix that many Glock owners were looking for?

Site Supporter
    How loose is your current extractor - in the cutout?

Mine was very bad and it did cure the erratic ejection and bttf.

Full disclosure: I was a beta tester for Apex on this part and others.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    How loose is your current extractor - in the cutout?
    Not sure. I will have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
    I have a recently manufactured G17 Gen4 that has started to bop me in the head and face with brass. I am thinking of getting the Apex extractor to hopefully solve the problem. Has this been the fix that many Glock owners were looking for?
    How recently manufactured? I understand from the discussions on this board that most of the problems were of 2010 - 2012 manufacture.

Randy Lee of Apex doesn't think his extractor is the whole answer, FWIW: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ock-9mm-pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    How recently manufactured? I understand from the discussions on this board that most of the problems were of 2010 - 2012 manufacture.

Randy Lee of Apex doesn't think his extractor is the whole answer, FWIW: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ock-9mm-pistol

Very true, but the odds are very low that it will not fix the problem. Then you'll be stuck with a gun that willl probably take multiple trips to Glock before finally being replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post

The shell casing envelope says 6/26/13. It came with the new beavertail backstraps.

Sigh....

Site Supporter
    I was one of Randy's beta testers for the FRE. My bottom line is that the Apex FRE, combined with the 30274 ejector, the Apex supplied extractor spring and the Glock non-LCI spring loaded bearing has worked extremely well in the half dozen 3rd Gen guns I've tried it in. That combination has resulted in very consistent extraction and ejection, both with and without a magazine on board the pistols.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I was one of Randy's beta testers for the FRE. My bottom line is that the Apex FRE, combined with the 30274 ejector, the Apex supplied extractor spring and the Glock non-LCI spring loaded bearing has worked extremely well in the half dozen 3rd Gen guns I've tried it in. That combination has resulted in very consistent extraction and ejection, both with and without a magazine on board the pistols.
    Thanks for the info.

User Tag List