Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Is the Apex Glock extractor the fix for BTF in Gen3 & 4 Glock 9mm's?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I've done that as well, mostly before the Apex part was available. If I could go back to 2006 and buy more of those when we were buying Glocks I get a large bag of them.

I bought an armorers kit from a place they had G22's. I have enough for like, ever!

After I installed the Apex extractor a couple weeks ago I acquired the non-LCI SLB. When I went to replace the old SLB I found that I had -- because I'm a friggin' IDIOT -- previously installed the extractor plunger assembly backwards. Yet even with it backwards (god that's embarrassing) it still not only functioned 100% it actually functioned better that way, with the Apex unit, than it did stock. God help me if I made a similar boneheaded move with anything else.

So interesting issue (completely my fault) - bought a new Gen 3 slide and built it up with the Apex setup (just dropped it in). Had multiple failures to fire/light primer strikes (interestingly all with Winchester 9mm NATO and Winclean, but none with HPR 115 grain TMJ). Thought it was the striker assembly, replaced it, problems still occured but now with failures to go into battery. Thought it was my KKM barrel, replaced it with factory, still failure to fire issues. Replaced the Apex extractor and the problems are now gone. Basically when they say you might need to fit the extractor, you might actually need to fit the extractor - DOH!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    So interesting issue (completely my fault) - bought a new Gen 3 slide and built it up with the Apex setup (just dropped it in). Had multiple failures to fire/light primer strikes (interestingly all with Winchester 9mm NATO and Winclean, but none with HPR 115 grain TMJ). Thought it was the striker assembly, replaced it, problems still occured but now with failures to go into battery. Thought it was my KKM barrel, replaced it with factory, still failure to fire issues. Replaced the Apex extractor and the problems are now gone. Basically when they say you might need to fit the extractor, you might actually need to fit the extractor - DOH!!
    RTFM....
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I was one of the beta testers on the FRE and have it on two G-19s and two G-17s (all 3rd Gen). I also use Randy's supplied extractor spring PLUS the non-LCI SLB and a 30274 ejector. That combination appears to crack the code on this problem. The guns work very well in normal mode and all of them pass the acid test on this issue, which is shooting the gun without the magazine on board. They all consistently eject outside the ejection port without stoppages. This is not the norm on many, if not most, Glocks. They typically eject down the mag well or trap fired cases between barrel hood and breech face. While some say this test is not relevant or unfair, I'd simply say that if your gun won't pass it, your extractor is NOT holding a fired case against the breech face until the ejector strikes it. That is asking for trouble.
    Necropost.

I bought a Gen3 G19 a while ago and never got around to shooting it due to an infatuation with the M&P. When I finally got around to shooting it three or four years ago I got a ton of BTF and, very disappointed, stuck it back in the safe.

Ever since, this thread, and specifically this post, have been rattling around in the back of my mind like an empty beer can in a pickup bed for...three years now?!? Time flies.

In any event, I'd ordered all of the parts listed here a while ago, finally got around to installing them yesterday, and fired about 150-180 rounds through it at the Garland rifle range which was 108 degrees and doing a pretty good imitation of the seventh circle of Hell. No malfunctions; ejection could be stronger I suppose but it is consistently about 4'o'clock both with and without the magazine in the gun. I'll shoot it some more and see what else happens; I had to quit today when the gun got literally too hot to touch and I was not about to wait for it to cool down.

Point being - Wayne, thanks for posting this and helping (knock wood) to fix my previously junky gun! Just goes to show what a great resource this forum is.
    Last edited by TR675; 07-22-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Been shooting an inherited G17.3 for about 6 months now and very recently started getting BTF about once every other magazine. Installed the 30274 ejector, as a first step, and will test this weekend.

What vintage is your gen 3?

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Been shooting an inherited G17.3 for about 6 months now and very recently started getting BTF about once every other magazine. Installed the 30274 ejector, as a first step, and will test this weekend.
    Once every other mag (1:34 rounds) isn't too bad. FYI, there's also now a 47021 ejector, as found in a G19X/G26gen5/G34gen5 trigger mechanism housing (part number 47208) should the 30274 ejector still not work acceptably. Some folks have indicated good reports with this ejector in their Glocks. I put them into my G17gen5 and G19gen5, but I wasn't having any problems with the stock 30274 ejectors in those two Glocks, anyway.

I do have a 30274 ejector in my G17gen3 which helped quite a bit from ~10%+ brass-to-face rate. Whether I'm getting a 1:34 rate, I don't know as I don't shoot this Glock often anymore.
    Last edited by L-2; 08-24-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    What vintage is your gen 3?
    Don’t know. Serial number begins with FUK

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Once every other mag (1:34 rounds) isn't too bad. FYI, there's also now a 47021 ejector, as found in a G19X/G26gen5/G34gen5 trigger mechanism housing (part number 47208) should the 30274 ejector still not work acceptably. Some folks have indicated good reports with this ejector in their Glocks. I put them into my G17gen5 and G19gen5, but I wasn't having any problems with the stock 30274 ejectors in those two Glocks, anyway.

I do have a 30274 ejector in my G17gen3 which helped quite a bit from ~10%+ brass-to-face rate. Whether I'm getting a 1:34 rate, I don't know as I don't shoot this Glock often anymore.
    It’s not terrible, but if I can eliminate the issue for a few dollars I’m definitely doing it.

User Tag List