Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: P229 Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Attachment 113256

P229 Legion with BarSto 357 Sig ported barrel and milled for EPS.
    Who milled it for you and are you pleased?

I’m tempted to send a P229 Legion slide to Parker Mountain Precision. I’ve heard mixed reviews of milling the P229 slide due to the deep and wide cut for the safety plunger. For example, some shops such as C&H Precision will not mill the legacy P-series slides for this reason. Then, there is the issue of matching Sig’s proprietary Legion Cerakote. Thus, I’m tempted to get an optics ready slide directly from Sig. However, these are out of stock and seem to all come with tall sights that I will not need since a Romeo X Pro is what I plan to mount (see GJM’s pictures of the co-witness with standard sights).

Sigh - First World problems…
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

I’m tempted to send a P229 Legion slide to Parker Mountain Precision. I’ve heard mixed reviews of milling the P229 slide due to the deep and wide cut for the safety plunger. For example, some shops such as C&H Precision will not mill the legacy P-series slides for this reason. Then, there is the issue of matching Sig’s proprietary Legion Cerakote. Thus, I’m tempted to get an optics ready slide directly from Sig. However, these are out of stock and seem to all come with tall sights that I will not need since a Romeo X Pro is what I plan to mount (see GJM’s pictures of the co-witness with standard sights).

If you want an RXP factory Legion slide in 9mm, I can loan or sell you one if you want.

Name:  IMG_0390.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  45.0 KB

I think I probably have somewhere between 8 and 10 legion and non legion P226/229s spanning DAK to SAO lying around.

I sold a 229 ages ago, and have regretted it ever since. Buying a 239 this summer just makes the regrets even worse.

I may be sending the Dremel King a PM in a couple of months.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I’ve heard mixed reviews of milling the P229 slide due to the deep and wide cut for the safety plunger. For example, some shops such as C&H Precision will not mill the legacy P-series slides for this reason. Then, there is the issue of matching Sig’s proprietary Legion Cerakote.
    For my P226, C&H cut for their “cross plate” which came back installed with witness marks on the screws. I was apprehensive about using a plate as my experience has only been with direct-mounting dots. I’ve only put about 300 rounds through it since getting it back but so far/so good. And while mine’s not a Legion, I had them just cerakote the cut under the plate.

https://chpws.com/product/chpws-cros...07c-507c-508t/

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    If you want an RXP factory Legion slide in 9mm, I can loan or sell you one if you want.

Name:  IMG_0390.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  45.0 KB

I think I probably have somewhere between 8 and 10 legion and non legion P226/229s spanning DAK to SAO lying around.
    Thank you for the very kind offer. It looks like Sig may be able to sell me a RXP slide with standard sights. I’ll certainly reach out if the wait is excessive. Thanks again.

Got the email from Sig that Legion P229 RXP slides were back in stock. Order placed and I also jumped on a Romeo-X Pro from EuroOptic (covered sales tax and free shipping). However, I went ahead with an RXP slide with suppressor height sights. I’ll probably try to exchange these out with standard height sights from one of my other P229 Legion slides since I have a threaded P229 barrel, and the other gun can be a suppressor host.

I’m unsure how that will go. Although I have a quality, Sig-specific sight pusher, I’ve had variable luck taking sights from one gun and trying to put them on another dovetail with identical dimensions. Some sights get micro albeit sufficient amounts of material removed by the first installation that trying them on another dovetail causes a loose and insecure fit. I give it 50:50 odds that I may just need to buy an extra set of standard height sights.

Has anyone else trying swapping Sig’s x-ray sights between models?

Got the email from Sig that Legion P229 RXP slides were back in stock. Order placed and I also jumped on a Romeo-X Pro from EuroOptic (covered sales tax and free shipping). However, I went ahead with an RXP slide with suppressor height sights. I’ll probably try to exchange these out with standard height sights from one of my other P229 Legion slides since I have a threaded P229 barrel, and the other gun can be a suppressor host.

I’m unsure how that will go. Although I have a quality, Sig-specific sight pusher, I’ve had variable luck taking sights from one gun and trying to put them on another dovetail with identical dimensions. Some sights get micro albeit sufficient amounts of material removed by the first installation that trying them on another dovetail causes a loose and insecure fit. I give it 50:50 odds that I may just need to buy an extra set of standard height sights.

Has anyone else trying swapping Sig’s x-ray sights between models?
    A drop of Rocksett under the dovetails will solve a world of hurt.

Mine was cut deep and the safety plunger was never a problem. The Trijicon sealing plate held it in place. L&M did the work. Sadly, he retired.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I bought a 229 OR Legion slide this morning. Plan to out a 509T on it and it should work well with the suppressor height sights.

I handled a Staccato CS yesterday evening. I really want to like that pistol but the SAO 229 seems a better pistol at any price and especially at half the price.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Legion optics ready slide and the Romeo-X Pro both arrived yesterday. I swapped the tall sights out for standard height from another standard Legion slide. Although the sights felt snug in the dovetail going in, I added a drop of Loctit 290 (medium-strong wicking grade). I also added a micro drop of Loctite to each optic screw before tightening to 28 inch-lbs. The mounted Romeo-X Pro co-witnesses nicely with the standard sights. I’ll let the Loctite dry tonight and hit the range tomorrow for zeroing and reliability testing.

Name:  IMG_0957.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  41.6 KB

User Tag List