Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: P229 Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 3-7-77 View Post
    Who or what is "Cheby"? I too would be interested in a .40 P229 slide.
    I guess it’s a secret.

Looking back, the P229 was one of the better .40s of its time. May have to take mine for a spin some time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Classic SIG doofus question. How similar are the grips between the 226 and 229? Is it similar to the G17/19 relationship?

I ask because I recently tried a newer production 229 and just didn’t bond with it the way I expected to. If the 226 is the same, or at least very similar, I should probably cross one off my wantsies list.
    The 229 feels a little chunky to me. I much prefer the 226. I never felt like I gave up much concealability with the 226 over the 229. That being said, I really like the 229 too. I took classes and shot matches with both. Draws and reloads just always felt a little easier with the 226.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I guess it’s a secret.

Looking back, the P229 was one of the better .40s of its time. May have to take mine for a spin some time soon.
    Cheby is semi active on PF, you just have to wait for his posts. Of course since I hear his voice in his writing, I especially enjoy them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    The 229 feels a little chunky to me. I much prefer the 226. I never felt like I gave up much concealability with the 226 over the 229. That being said, I really like the 229 too. I took classes and shot matches with both. Draws and reloads just always felt a little easier with the 226.
    My thoughts exactly, and I have had a definite preference for the 226. I recently dry fired the 226 and 229 before going to the range and again felt the 226 was better for me. That said, the 229 has had serious devotees and I decided to shoot both again, mostly to check the box and confirm how much I preferred the 226. A few days ago, shooting the 226 and then the 229, I was blown away by how well the 229 shot. I have shot the 229 a few more days and tremendously enjoyed shooting it. I have really developed a preference for Glock 19 sized pistols and the 229 just feels right to me with where I am with my shooting today.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My thoughts exactly, and I have had a definite preference for the 226. I recently dry fired the 226 and 229 before going to the range and again felt the 226 was better for me. That said, the 229 has had serious devotees and I decided to shoot both again, mostly to check the box and confirm how much I preferred the 226. A few days ago, shooting the 226 and then the 229, I was blown away by how well the 229 shot. I have shot the 229 a few more days and tremendously enjoyed shooting it. I have really developed a preference for Glock 19 sized pistols and the 229 just feels right to me with where I am with my shooting today.
    You would probably love the P228. I picked-up this German-made P228R about a decade ago.

Name:  Sig P228R 2.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  83.4 KB

As you can see, it’s not as “thick” as the P229 and the presentation is far more like a P226 due subtle differences in the center of gravity.
    Name:  Sig P228R 3.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  28.8 KB
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I picked up my Legion 229 SAO today. I shot it with iron sights as I went from the LGS to the range. Shooting 124 Lawman, it was very soft shooting. Gun cycled great, love the trigger, and the ambi thumb safety is unobtrusive.

Later, I mounted a Romeo X (Pro footprint) which went on without a plate. Can't wait to shoot it some more.

Name:  IMG_6497.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6500.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  22.7 KB

Site Supporter
    I picked up a p229 .40 trade in a while ago, mostly to use as a .357 sig platform. I decided I wanted a red dot version(and affordable ammo). so I picked up a 229-1 slide in 9mm from sig when they went on sale (with the romeo 1 attached). So far its a sweet shooter and the romeo 1 has held up. The 9mm is pretty soft shooting in this platform for sure.

Name:  p229-1.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  43.2 KB

I got the Sig Romeo X optic zeroed on the 229 today. This pistol shoots Lawman and Gold Dot 124 accurately and the POI between the two loads is very close. Pretty easy gun to shoot. The SAO trigger feels a lot like a good 320 trigger but there is of course a hammer and thumb safety.

Extended release and magwell. Plus big ass compensator.

My favorite

Name:  IMG_0388.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  39.8 KB

P229 Legion with BarSto 357 Sig ported barrel and milled for EPS.

User Tag List